Reacciones

Iniciado por goldie, 26 Abril 2016, 10:19:10

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

goldie

Me gustaría que fuéramos recopilando las reacciones a la pérdida de Prince por parte de las personas que mejor le conocían. Me parece muy interesante y revelador.

Hanna Welton

There are so many things to be said...too much to try to compile in one message...The past four years of our life has been a whirlwind. So much traveling, so much performing, so many rehearsals, hundreds and hundreds of songs, hours and hours of stage time with the most incredible band I've ever been a part of in my life, but that's not even the best part of it all. God used Prince in such a mighty way in mine and Joshua's life. When we met him as a newlywed couple (both of us 22 at the time), he was so respectful, reverent, and supportive of our relationship. He loved love. As newlyweds, walking into this HUGE opportunity, we weren't sure at first how he was going to handle us. (Let's face it, we've all heard crazy stories). But that's just it. Those stories are just stories. The very first thing he said to us after meeting was "I can't separate you two." That was confirmation for Joshua and I that the journey we were about to embark on was divine appointment. After that meeting it was full speed ahead. 3RDEYEGIRL started, relationships were built, and memories were made. Prince quickly became more than just "the artist" to us. He wasn't our "boss." In fact, he didn't like it when people called him that. He was our GREAT friend. Our mentor. Our confidant. Our brother. And even became somewhat like a protective, father figure over us. So many conversations were had about God, life and love, about the future and raising kids together, about how to make a lasting impact that MEANS something and unite humanity in the way God intended us to be from the very beginning. Sure, the music was great. But it wasn't everything. It was only a very, VERY small side of who this man was. Joshua and I are so blessed to have been as close to him as we were the past 4 years and all the music and touring in the world could never compare to the time spent with our brother. Though a physical presence has been lost in the natural, his spirit lives on through all the lives he touched. We celebrate the incredible life that he lived, the irreplaceable mark he made, and the millions of lives changed for the better because he was here for 57 short years. Thank you Prince...for being all that you are. Thank you for loving my husband and I as your own, and for making sure we knew just how much you loved us. Thank you for believing in us, thank you for pouring into Joshua and sharing all that you did with him. Your friendship will be cherished forever. We will make sure baby girl knows just how amazing her Uncle Prince was to us, and countless others, and how excited you were for her precious life. From the bottom of my heart...Thank you. 💜💜 Your legacy lives on...
Uh! Uh! uh! uhuh!... U SAID! ...Any dogs in the house?... I know U're nasty... SAID!!!

goldie

Elisa Fiorillo

27 years Prince was in my life. I met him in 1989 when I was only 20 years old. I went to Paisley Park to work with David Z on my "I Am" album. Little did I know that he would walk into the studio and challenge me the way he did that day ;o) I ended up singing on the Batman soundtrack "Partyman" and then later on "Love Machine" with Morris Day on the Graffiti Bridge soundtrack...not to mention Prince wrote 1/2 the songs on my album and co-wrote my first single "On The Way Up with me, David Z and Levi Seacer. I remember sitting up in one of the offices working on writing songs-and Prince would grade my lyrics. He made me work harder. He encouraged me as a songwriter. In the studio I would watch how he stacked vocal parts and was mesmerized at all the harmonies he would put into one chord. He told me to lift my eyebrows if ever I was under pitch-which I corrected real quick and developed my skill to never be under or over pitch again! Perfection-he taught me to strive for it. I watched how he did it and got to see how he had to live and quite honestly it scared me at 20. I didn't want to be a celebrity. I was too open of a person to be so secluded and alone. Prince liked hanging out with me because I was so real. I was a piece of the every day reality that he didn't get to see. I promoted the album and the record company folded. I was without a deal. Then I got signed by A&M records and they made an entire album -but they never put it out. During that time Prince called me and asked if I wanted to fly to Minneapolis to see him, hang out and play him my music. I was dating a very jealous guy at the time and I told Prince that I couldn't. He didn't like that too much and I felt bad saying no. Not a lot of people said no to him. But then 20 years later-he called me again. I reunited with him, not as a solo artist but as a struggling artist who just wanted to sing again. He gave me the opportunity to join the NPG and I will be forever grateful to him for everything he has done to help me and my family. He was so sweet to my daughter and when I didn't bring her to rehearsals he would ask "Why isn't Olivia here?" So many shows-so many after shows-so many stories from the road- so much he taught each of us in the band about being professional-writing down notes- and giving 150% every night we went out on that stage. The purple army gave us back so much love and in these past few days-I want you to know how much we all appreciate the love and support you've shown. My friend. My brother with the same color eyes- and disjointed thumb as me. You are forever in my heart. It snowed in April in Vegas today-in the mountains...two of my favorite songs. You are everywhere.
Uh! Uh! uh! uhuh!... U SAID! ...Any dogs in the house?... I know U're nasty... SAID!!!

goldie

Morris Hayes

Hello FB fam. This is my first post since the tragic loss of my brother, Prince. I am here in Mpls. with my former band mates and co-workers to grieve, hug, laugh and most of all figure out what happen with my brother Prince. I know it's hard for us the band, administration, crew and the lovers of his work to not have a central place to pay our respects, but last night we were able to at least get together with a few friends and celebrate this great man's life. I so wish you could have felt the love I did last night. One thing is for sure, know that The Revolution, The N.P.G., Sheila E., 3rd Eye Girl, The Time, The Family, Mazarati and all the rest represented there last night love you, the lovers of his work, and will always be grateful for your concern and support. Without you, there is no us. You have been good to us and we will continue to be good to you. Please know that all those groups live on. This shot here is part of the justice league of keyboard players minus the greats, Renato Neto, Cassandra O'Neal, Kip Blackshire, Chance Howard, Rosie Gaines, the late Bonnie Boyer, Gayle Chapman and Rad. (Hope I didn't overlook anyone!) We missed you last night. Much love everyone and peace and be wild!

goldie

Ida Nielsen

Thursday the earth made a hiccup and left us all a little bit poorer.

I dont know how to begin to describe the magnitude of this loss and I still have a hard time grasping what has happened.
It has been some very difficult days -for me and I know for so many people with me.

An icon a legend and a genius without compare is now gone.
A man who loved, lived and WAS music.

But also a deeply caring man with a tremendously big heart and generosity for the people around him and a great concern for the injustice on this earth.
A beautiful soul and a man who wanted to make the world a better place -who gathered people of all ethnicities and nationalities with his message of love.

It has been such an honor and privilige to have been close to this greatness and I will forever cherish the beautiful moments we shared.
I have lost a dear friend, a Mentor, a big brother, ping pong buddy, a teacher, a laughing partner and caretaker. And my number one musical influence and inspiration ever!

And we all have lost the personification of music and love -and a special frequency is now missing here on earth.

Prince, I love you and will miss you deeply and with me millions of people around this planet.
You changed my life and made my biggest dream come true and I will always cary you with me in my heart.
You may not be with us physically any more but your beautiful spirit and your music will always be here with us
and continue to shine on and outlive us all.
I am so thankful to have had you in my life and I will move on in honor of your genius legacy.

With my deepest love -always
Ida

I want to thank everybody for their sweet and heart felt messages.
It means a lot to feel the love you all had for him.
Love 4oneanother

goldie

Andy Allo

Hi Prince,

I believe we all come into people's lives for a reason. You came into mine 5 years ago and each day we spent together talking, traveling and playing music, the more I learned about myself. You taught me how to love so deeply with no inhibitions, but you also taught me about heartbreak. You taught me how to push myself beyond my own limits, how to be strong, how to fight but also how to be vulnerable and be present. You are a mentor, a friend and much much more. We shared a great love, a great many laughs and tears. I wish I had told you more, what you meant to me.

I am so grateful I had the honor of knowing you, the man and the artist.

I am the woman and the artist I am today because of you. I love you and miss you.

Andy

Ps. I'd give anything to beat you at ping-pong one more time. Just kidding - I'd let you win.

goldie

Alan Leeds

R.I.P. to My Friend Prince
A requiem from his longtime tour manager
By Alan Leeds

It was just his time." I HATE it when people say that after someone passes.
Prince died alone in a friggin elevator... What spiritual power would have designed it that way?
Would it have been his time had he stayed in an Illinois hospital last week and received treatment? Would it have been his time if he had walked down Paisley steps instead of taking the elevator?

The facts are that this man was still actively performing, throwing parties, cycling around Minneapolis' suburbs. Does that sound like it was his time?
It wasn't his time because it wasn't MY time. Wasn't my time to lose a friend, a generous, memorable employer, someone I ate with, drank with, partied with and, yes, worked for during the most formative and rewarding years in my career — someone without whom my life might have been radically different.

But, yes, this is how we grieve. The grieving is never about the deceased, it's about us, our loss. And so it goes.
While I consider myself a spiritual person, one who subscribes to some kind of higher power, I don't have much affection for formal religion. I surely don't claim to know what makes this world and our species tick. Years ago it annoyed me that Prince sometimes seemed to have a double standard — that he had a Holy Hot Line and got a pass for behavior that would have been less than correct for others. I always felt he privately mistook his super-natural musical gifts for some sort of anointment — he was fully aware that it was a package denied mere mortals and he didn't mind rubbing it in. I was skeptical, I came from the "all of us have gifts of some sort" school of thought.

But who was I fooling but myself. I have been fortunate enough to witness quite a few amazing talents in my career — landmark performers, singers, musicians and writers. But nobody was like Prince. Yes, the young Prince once practiced and dedicated himself to developing a skill set, but once his foundation was intact, the music, the ideas — both creative and promotional — flowed out of him like a raging river. There was no industry that was equipped to process and digest his ceaseless flow. Radio couldn't keep up, record companies couldn't market and promote fast enough, fans couldn't re-focus fast enough. His songs were like a daily newspaper and he wanted them to be read while the news was fresh.

His brain never shut off. We wrestled with words to describe him — tireless, driven, obsessed, manic. But just maybe it wasn't any of that. Maybe he was simply put here to be that funnel... to bring us the music and bring us the joy that accompanied it; to bring us the thought provoking lyrics and the effects they had on youth culture. To bring us the generosity (much of which was incognito) that supported schools, music programs, young artists, ecological issues, social movements and people of all races and walks of life.

In other words, just maybe all the things we found odd or, those of us who worked for him and tried to keep up, sometimes argued about... were simply meant to be that way. Maybe HE was on schedule and the rest of us were late. Once the technology caught up with HIS visions, and fundamentally changed how the music industry operates, it seemed like Prince had been a prophet. He may not have specifically envisioned a Spotify or iTunes, but he damn sure did envision a world where artists would retain more control of their work and how it is marketed.
More importantly, just maybe he had given all he had to give, climbed every mountain there was to climb. For a mind as restless as Prince's it must have been torture to think privately that there was nothing left ahead but to repeat himself—even if he did have the talent and versatility to keep it interesting to fans.

Eric, in his matter-of-fact way, told me, "Men like Prince aren't meant to grow old." My first thought was, what men are like Prince? But I know what Eric meant. I couldn't even fantasize about a 90-year-old Prince. Think of any of our elders, grandparents etc. and their lifestyle then substitute Prince. C'mon! Really?

It was raining in Minneapolis the morning Prince died. But it stopped soon after his body was discovered and by the time fans began gathering a gorgeous rainbow surfaced atop Paisley Park, and there was a lot of purple in it. So I'm going to believe that it was his time. And, yes, that's about me — making it easier to put this somewhere comfortable because I'm still freaked the fuck out.

I'm just grateful that Gwen and I passed through Prince's life. We live in Minneapolis because of Prince. We saw the world because of Prince. We learned about the pros and cons of celebrity and fame because of Prince. My son grew up around Prince. We got married, got sober and beat both cancer and spinal meningitis while working for Prince. Once again, that's about me — us. This grieving shit is damn selfish.

So I'm gonna take Prince's advice and do what, ironically, he was finally unable to do: I'm not letting that Paisley elevator bring me down. I'm punching a higher floor, grateful that I'm looking around me and know I have friends.

Gotdamnit — more about me. I'm crushed I never got a chance to say goodbye, much less thank you, which is exactly how he would have wanted it.

So this is THANK YOU.

R.I.P. my friend

emale

Eric Clapton

Como otros muchos músicos, Eric Clapton ha querido recordar a Prince. El guitarrista británico ha explicado cómo "Purple Rain", la película, le ayudó en un momento muy bajo de su vida y su carrera y le sirvió de inspiración para su canción 'Holy Mother', incluida en el álbum de 1986 "August".

"Estoy muy triste por la muerte de Prince, fue un verdadero genio, y una enorme inspiración para mí, de una manera muy real.

En los ochenta, estaba en la carretera en una descendente espiral de bebida y drogas, vi 'Purple Rain' en un cine en Canadá, no tenía ni idea de quién era él, ¡fue como un rayo de luz!

En medio de mi depresión, en un horrible estado de la cultura musical en aquel momento, me dio esperanzas, fue como una luz en las tinieblas.

Regresé a mi hotel, y rodeado de botes vacíos de cerveza, compuse 'Holy Mother'.

No puedo creer que se haya ido".

Shockadelica

Eddie Vedder de Pearl Jam:

"People know him from the ways he looked, and the different ways he looked, and different things he said – a lot of incredible things to remember him by, But I gotta tell you, and you just saw some great guitar playing. Prince was probably the greatest guitar player we've ever seen."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/pearl-jam-on-prince-greatest-guitar-player-weve-ever-seen-20160422
Oh baby, I really like your look
When U lay your eyes on me, U know I'm hooked
I'm waiting 2 feel your touch
Your body, your mind, and soul...
Is that 2 much?

Shockadelica

Chris Cornell, Soundgarden:

"Prince's music is the soundtrack to the soulful and beautiful universe he created, and we have all been privileged to be part of that amazing world.

I performed his song "Nothing Compares 2 U" for the first time a couple months ago. It has a timeless relevance for me and practically everyone I know.

Sadly, now his own lyrics in this song could not be more relevant than at this moment, and I sing them now in reverence as I pay tribute to this unequaled artist who has given all of our lives so much inspiration and made the world so much more interesting.

We will miss you Prince!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUDRU9-HRk
Is that 2 much?

emale

Lianne La Havas

Rest in peace, my dear friend Prince. I and many others were so lucky to have known you. May your remarkable legacy live on forever xxx

Dorothy_Parker

Me ha gustado especialmente el de Alan Leeds.

exocean

Joder... Emocionado... Gracias por compartir todo esto.

Shockadelica

Sheila E., me emocionó mucho ayer cuando lo leí:

"When death comes too early, chaos reigns in its wake. During times like these we must rise above the dusk and sorrow and seek a higher plane where peace, love, joy and celebration overcomes the emptiness, and shines a light upon the darkness.

With the passing of Prince, my friend, my knight, and my everlasting ally, I, along with millions of you, search for words and ways to make sense of the senselessness that this reality presents to us. How do we mourn? How do we express? How do we accept such a deep loss to our musical past, present, and future? As we will someday begin the process of acceptance and overcome the fear of letting go, what can we take with us to remind us of the light that shine so bright among us?

Gratefully, this path has already been blazed for us, in Platinum and Gold no less. It is a path that is broad and welcoming. It is a path that transcends race, politics, age, orientation, gender, genre and other limitations that we place on our thinking and ourselves. It is a path of joy, and sorrow, Diamonds and Pearls. It touches upon every emotion we are blessed to Experience. It is a path of melody and mirth. Of angst and anger. Of conflict and resolution, sometimes through a call of Revolution.

It's not my effort to be clever, or even creative, in the above paragraph. It is only meant to share my sorrow, and my solace, in the music which we all love, and loved Prince for creating. Through his music, we were able to express what seemed impossible to say. Through his creativity, we were able to imagine and dream the incredible, to create a new reality. Through his hard work and determination, we were able to believe in the ability to overcome those obstacle set before us.

Prince was a Visionary. A Dreamer and a Believer. But most of all, he believed in those whom his music touched. To watch him perform was, as he encouraged, "To see the dawn." There was a new-ness, a freshness, a coolness that seemed to exude from his every pore. I've been asked, "What was it like to create and perform music with Prince? " My rebuttal was usually a tongue in cheek, "Ask him what it was like to create and perform with me." It's an answer that he would understand because it comes from the boldness that he played a part of instilling in me. I will share with you now, that the truth is, I never knew what it was like, creating with Prince.

In truth, each time was different, constantly evolving. To describe one experience as an example of them all, would only serve to reduce the significance of the others. And as Prince would say, "That ain't cool." And that is the essence of Prince and the legacy of the music he leaves for us to enjoy. His music is different, each time, in the most magical of ways. I close wishing each of you Peace, Love, and Joy in your celebration of Prince's life. Through his music he achieved the eternal. Through your love and support of him; past, present and future, he will remain our Prince. May your heart shine shades of Purple, 4ever.

I know mine will.

Love,

Sheila E."
Is that 2 much?

Stesia

El mayor showman del rock habla acerca del mayor genio y showman de toda la música pop:

Stesia

Los músicos auténticos son los que mejor entienden lo que supone una pérdida así.

Dorothy_Parker

So sad to hear of Prince's passing; one of the greatest musical talents of my lifetime. Maybe of the 20th century. RIP.

— Slash

Davidubida

Peter Gabriel:

"Bowie, George Martin and now Prince - music is suffering such significant losses.

Prince gave me some of the best live music I have ever witnessed.
He had a prodigious talent, as a musician, writer, guitarist and bandleader.
I was introduced to him early by Carole Childs, then my A&R at Geffen.
She said you have to check out this young kid, he plays and records everything himself and he's very rude.
It was obvious that he was already totally in charge of his medium and I've been a fan ever since.
He will be badly missed."
- pg

Davidubida

Steve Vai:

"He wasn't a Prince, he was a King. "

-s

Davidubida

Marcus Miller:

"Prince, thank you for your incredible music. Words won't come close to describing the gifts you've given us. Rest in peace....."

maytegalera

Kate Bush:

I am so sad and shocked to hear the tragic news about Prince. He was the most incredibly talented artist. A man in complete control of his work from writer and musician to producer and director. He was such an inspiration. Playful and mind-blowingly gifted. He was the most inventive and extraordinary live act I've seen. The world has lost someone truly magical. Goodnight dear Prince.