Reacciones

Iniciado por goldie, 26 Abril 2016, 10:19:10

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

International Lover

Totalmente de acuerdo... Que maravilla y que bonito... Yo también prefiero creer como ella que ahora es completamente feliz y libre.. Gracias

VanessaBet

(
Cita de: goldie link=topic=13056. #msg146207 date=1463310188
Judith Hill

"Well, it has taken me a moment to say something and
I don't know if the words will ever come out right. Forgive me if this post sounds jagged but i'm doing this for me. I got to let some of it out before it kills me.

We live in a world where social media posts are more available than the oxygen we breathe. There's nothing worse than seeing your loved one "trend" as all of the sentimental statements flood cyberspace. In my bed I watched it all come and go like another news blurb as people moved on to the next thing. "Life goes on" "Time heals" "Celebrate your memories" and "Carry the torch". What??!!

As he was to many, Prince was a devoted mentor and friend. He challenged me to be the best version of myself. The time spent creating music and performing with him was priceless. Every experience was like a revival service bringing life to my musical bones.

I wish I could just leave it at that but I'm afraid my burden is deeply layered. Its very isolating to have to carry so much and be afraid to say anything. I wish it was as simple as "he inspired me" and "I'm mourning his loss". In the past, I've been good at saying the right thing. I hate being misquoted in the press. But right now I got nothing cute to say. My heart rages because I loved him so much and I just wanted him to be truly happy.

Prince, I've put up with a lot of things, but you don't get do this one. You don't get to die! That's crossing the line. You once said, "I wanna take up all your time and be the only one you hang out with". Well, you've taken my heart, my love, my music, my dreams and everything else with you when you left this earth. Its not fair!

I ask God, "Why me?" "Why did I have to see and feel all of that?" I'm not getting my answers but I do know that there was so much beauty amidst the pain. So much love and so much forgiveness. At the end, there was this silent peace and unconditional love that surrounded Prince and I. Truly divine. Nothing we could produce on our own. I believe God brought ultimate healing. Prince is completely free and happy right now. Its really just me that's suffering now. I'm okay with that as long as remember Prince is the lucky one right now.

A week before his passing, I'll never forget his words, "I love you and I will always be there for you." I love you too, Prince.

But really though, traumatic shocking event is over. You won. Its time for you to email me something funky! You always do. You always come around after something dramatic. Really, this is not funny anymore. I'll be waiting to hear from you any day now. Right??? I hate this so much.

love you forever.

I hate writing words. They just don't get the job done. My heart feels so much more than me trying to explain it. I'm done."
:'( :'( :'(
Are there really Angels? Or are they just in our minds.

It all comes out in the wash... in time.

Lilith77

Me ha emocionado este artículo de Questlove en Rolling Stone, refleja mucho amor por Prince y lo que significa para una generación de músicos  :smitten:

I don't know. There's so much we all don't know. This is what I do know: Much of my motivation for waking up at 5 a.m. to work — and sometimes going to bed at 5 a.m. after work — came from him. Whenever it seemed like too steep a climb, I reminded myself that Prince did it, so I had to also. It was the only way to achieve that level of greatness (which was, of course, impossible, but that's aspirational thinking for ya). For the last twenty years, whenever I was up at five in the morning, I knew that Prince was up too, somewhere, in a sense sharing a workspace with me. For the last few days, 5 a.m. has felt different. It's just a lonely hour now, a cold time before the sun comes

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/questlove-remembers-prince-in-this-life-youre-on-your-own-20160425

goldie

Me pareció sublime la delicadeza con la que las PrinceSS recrearon los coros de Sometimes it snows in April con D'Angelo, pero no tenía ni idea de que eran un dúo cómico y que llevan años haciendo interpretaciones milimétricas de algunos clásicos de Prince.

Por si tenéis curiosidad, aquí Darling Nikki

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BclKB9cJUGo

Qué canción.....  :wacky:
Uh! Uh! uh! uhuh!... U SAID! ...Any dogs in the house?... I know U're nasty... SAID!!!

amebaboy

¡Qué buena actuación! ¡Muchas gracias por el enlace, Goldie!

Ahora me he dado cuenta de que Maya Rudolph, una de las Princess, interpretaba a Beyoncé en el recordado "Prince Show":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR5nVbN9Ilo

toninepg

como ya hizo Bruce en brooklyn,tambien rindio un sentido homenaje en barcelona tocando otra vez Purple Rain,esta vez no al principio del concierto sino abriendo los bises,es emocionante ver que mas de 55 mil personas coreaban Purple Rain en un concierto de Bruce
Gran homenaje

tatocorcu

Cita de: goldie en 21 Mayo 2016, 01:40:58
Me pareció sublime la delicadeza con la que las PrinceSS recrearon los coros de Sometimes it snows in April con D'Angelo, pero no tenía ni idea de que eran un dúo cómico y que llevan años haciendo interpretaciones milimétricas de algunos clásicos de Prince.

Por si tenéis curiosidad, aquí Darling Nikki

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BclKB9cJUGo

Qué canción.....  :wacky:
Vaya pedazo de versión, no?
Sabía que Maya era fan de Prince y que venia de una familia de tradición musical, pero no sabia que era tan buena!
Life is just a party, and parties weren't meant to last...

goldie

Uh! Uh! uh! uhuh!... U SAID! ...Any dogs in the house?... I know U're nasty... SAID!!!

tatocorcu

^^^ Bueno, eso está claro
Life is just a party, and parties weren't meant to last...

goldie

Este concierto lo significó todo para mi. Me quedé tan impresionado por el magnetismo y las canciones que transformó por completo mi idea de la música y el arte escénico.
Al poco tiempo me pude comprar la peli Sign 'O' the times y la segunda parte del Lovesexy (que curiosamente era la primera). Y ya fui consciente de que lo de Prince era otra cosa, a años luz del resto de artistas del planeta. Hizo esas tres giras tan buenas y tan diferentes en 4 años!!! (Y además el extraordinario Parade Tour!!).

International Lover

International Lover

No se si lo visteis. A mi me ha encantado. Como casi siempre lo mas sencillo es lo mas bonito

http://www.startribune.com/prince-gets-a-gold-star-at-first-ave/378281421/

VanessaBet

Cita de: International Lover en 07 Junio 2016, 01:48:55
No se si lo visteis. A mi me ha encantado. Como casi siempre lo mas sencillo es lo mas bonito

http://www.startribune.com/prince-gets-a-gold-star-at-first-ave/378281421/

Gracias... es MARAVILLOSO.

VanessaBet