Prince invitado sorpresa en vivo con Sheila E.

Iniciado por KyKe, 07 Mayo 2003, 00:02:54

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

KyKe

Prince subió anoche en Los Angeles al escenario donde Sheila E. (y otros invitados como Najee) daba un concierto con fines beneficos, al finalizar el mismo, usando una guitarra negra que había por allí tocó con la banda de Sheila un jam instrumental durante unos 15 minutos.
[smiley=guitarist.gif]

Lo más novedoso es que al parecer lleva un nuevo look de pelo a lo afro tipo Lenny Kravitz.

Os dejo dos reports en inglés de fans que estuvieron en el acontecimiento.

report de Getwild

Wow...just got back from a Cinco De Mayo surprise at the 300-capacity "Platinum Live" supper club in Studio City, Calif. Pete Escovedo, father of Sheila E., held an "all-star celebrity jam" to raise money for their church, the Namaste Interfaith Center/Community Outreach program of Los Angeles.

Lots of celebrity entertainers, including Peggi Blu (former Star
Search Winner), actor Michael De Lorenzo, Najee, Verdine White of Earth Wind and Fire, Jimmy Smits, comedian Tommy Davidson, Raphael Saadiq of Toni Tony Tone). all performed, as, of course, did the Escovedo family, but the big surprise
of the night was special guest star Prince who jammed with the Escovedos at the end of the show.

Sheila E., who performed a couple of Latin jazz songs with her dad's orchestra, which also featured her brothers Juan and Peter Michael, which was the reason I went to the show. Their part was brief, since there were so many others waiting to perform in the 3 1/2 hour show.

Immediately after Sheila's set, comedian Tommy Davidson, who appeared on "In Living Color," had mentioned that Prince was in the audience, and incorporated the music to "Sign of the times" when he joked on how Prince ordered food from Mc Donalds. We thought he was joking that Prince was there, but sure enough, we saw Prince's bodyguards standing in a dark
corner of the room, and we knew he was indeed there.

After a couple of other acts, Sheila E took the stage again, with her dad's band, Verdine White on bass, Raphael Saadiq on guitar, and Kat Dyson, formerly of the NPG, on bass, and Lynn Mabry on vocals with Sheila, and Sheila invited "her brother" Prince to come up and jam with them, but
Prince didn't. Sheila played A Love Bizarre, which became a long medley of funk classics such as One Nation Under a Groove, Thank You Falletin me Be Mice Elf Again and several others, and then Prince finally grabbed a guitar and
jammed with the band for about 10 minutes. Most noticibly different about Prince was his "new 'do"--a mini Lenny Kravitz-esque afro. He was  wearing a white turtleneck and white slacks. The jam was entirely instrumental, and reminded me of the appearance he made with James Brown and Michael Jackson...totally improvised, and a really funky guitar riff, similar to "Talking Loud and Saying Nothing" or "The Jam."

After about 10 minutes, the show was over and that was that. An unexpected surprise, and, as usual, an awesome performance by Sheila E and her family.

After the show, Prince was overheard saying to Sheila, "you should do that more often," and he left the club shortly thereafter.

Tune in next hit.

report de j7

Well, went 2 the Escovedo Charity concert 2night and our fav funky brother not only showed up but brought down the house for a good 15-20 minutes!

On stage was a new rapper (no not Tony M.s Cousin and so far no relation 2 a Prince protegee) Raphael Saiidiq (formerly of Tony Tone Toni), Najee for a bit, Sheila E, Kat Dyson and several Escovedo family members.

For the ladies; Prince was sportin a new doo, (I guess his afro is the roundest in the song "Reflection") a short lil fro going on. Gone are the long burns. He was wearin all white (turtleneck sweater and long dress pants covering up the heels)as well as very cool blue shades and a gold medalion.

Prince played a black guitar and could not have been more than 60 people in there at the time. Place went nuts. He keps his back to the auidence most of the time til he warmed up to us and saw no one was gonna bum rush the stage. Yes, me made those funky ass guitar faces that got every women in the place 2 have wet chonies. Also a few guys had some as well.

This performance was a suprise and quite random even though he did attend her show at the House of Blues on Saturday night.

Frankie (Prince's baby's momma, hehe) had 2 point out that this was the BEST CINCO DE MAYO EVER! Couldn't agree more cuz everyone was smiling ear 2 ear.

B wild y'll. Thanks again 2 getwild. Pics 2 follow soon along with Paradise7's review.

j7

tototote

Lastima que el maestro GetWild se dejara el DAT en casa, aunque sea por una noche... fue a escoger la peor para eso  :(
Gom's Prince Guitar Picks Collection:www.gpgpc.com

Didac

A mi el look me preocupa poco, estoy más intrigado en ver si saca un nuevo disco. O nueva música, vamos... No sé yo si el matrimonio este lo ha descarrilado un poquillo... Bueno, el tío se ha pasado la vida tocando y componiendo, ya se merece un descanso, no?

Mayte2

Pues ya era hora de q se cambiara el look,q a mi tan serio no me gusta, estaria mejor asi--> [smiley=mad.gif]

brabo

Pues yo creo q una cresta como la de Robbie Willians.... [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

ibiza

Pues a mi con el pelo tan corto y trajeao no me mola mucho la verdad...donde este con el pelo al viento,mallas y demas ::)Donde va a parar ;DTan ajustadito... :P

Extraloveable

Pues Didac, no sé si hay nuevo material a la vista con el DVD de ONA de por medio.

openbook

Well, if happiness was standing at your door
I mean tell me what would you say?

Scandalous

Chuck Romerales

Joer parece un extra de "Shaft"  ;D
Me subí a la rejaaaa