Concierto Post-Grammy

Iniciado por xavifunk, 11 Febrero 2004, 13:47:33

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

xavifunk

ESTE ES EL PRINCE QUE YO QUIERO:

HOB Concert Review In The L.A. Times

After the Grammys, the real Prince rocks until 3
By Steve Appleford, Special to The Times

The artist known as Prince made the most of his visit to Los Angeles on Sunday, beginning with a gig opening the Grammy Awards at the Staples Center singing a quick medley of his '80s hits with Beyoncé. But the main event came later the same night, as Prince unleashed a fiery, wide-ranging concert at the House of Blues.

Onstage, Prince cut the same elegant, energetic figure that he did at his popular peak:, a master showman filled with ideas. Before the night was over, he was joined by singers Angie Stone, Macy Gray and Nikka Costa, but the main firepower stood behind him: Prince's own version of a classic R&B revue, with enough force in its brassy horn section to keep the groove rolling even when Prince exited the stage.

Late in the evening, Prince declared, "You know I need to play my song," as he stepped into "Purple Rain," his electric blue guitar glowing against his elegant white threads. But he remained there for only a moment, as he drifted into a bluesy, rock tangent, singing, "Are there twins in my bed, or am I going blind? Something's funky, baby / Is it your breath or mine?"

That is a typical move, following his whims onstage without warning, seemingly ready to soar or meander with his band at length. In the late '90s, Prince essentially took himself out of the mainstream recording industry, releasing music on his own label and conducting his career on his own terms, nurturing and challenging his cult with unusual album releases. His newest, "News," is a gathering of jazzy, funky instrumentals.

By 2 a.m. he was saying goodbye, leaving the crowd to beg for more and more, and not for the last time, as Prince and his band returned again and again. And when he returned, Prince seemed content to play as just another member of the band, putting the spotlight on saxophonist Maceo Parker or keyboardist Chance Howard (formerly of the Time), who sang the closing song "No Diggity." And in the final moments, at nearly 3 a.m., Prince could be seen alone with his bass, playing with the feedback like a theremin, an artist following his wildest whims without hesitation or apology.

Babyknows

Y yo añado las fotos ;D Este hombre ha hecho un pacto con el diablo.. qué carita..

I believe that we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.   http://www.myspace.com/soulvigilantes

ibiza

A mi este pelucon no me mola nada...eso si esta elegantisimo  ::) le pegaba yo cuatro estirones que le dejaba como nuevo ;D

Ezer Melchsedek

¿No tiene los rasgos demasiado marcados?  ???

irresistible bitch

pelukón? dónde?:" hold on to your wig", 'though i'd rather say hold on to your wit.
"Los pies en la tierra y la cabeza en las estrellas".