El post de James Brown: Funkity Funk.

Iniciado por irresistible bitch, 16 Agosto 2021, 16:15:11

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

irresistible bitch

"Los pies en la tierra y la cabeza en las estrellas".

irresistible bitch

In english, yes but;...

Although he initially played in a style that incorporated ballads, rock and roll, and classic uptempo R&B, Brown soon found that he could do more with less by stripping away the more superfluous elements of his music and arrangements. Multiple chord changes were reduced to vamping on a single chord. Fleshed out lyrics were tossed in favour of improvised lines. Predetermined sections were dropped as call and response between musicians began to take shape.

All of these elements soon began to coalesce into a brand new sound. Built around the rhythm of his drummers, Brown wanted music that was highly danceable, relatively simple, and could go on for hours on end. In short, Brown wanted music that was as indefatigable as he was. What he stumbled on was the importance of 'The One', the first downbeat of every measure of music. If the band constantly hit 'The One', then everything else could flow easily after that. It was a basic concept that could lead to unlimited sonic possibilities, and Brown milked those possibilities for all they were worth in songs like 'Cold Sweat' and 'I Got Ants in My Pants (And I Want to Dance)'.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/james-brown-origins-of-funk/

irresistible bitch

irresistible bitch