NPGMC

Iniciado por berarma, 13 Noviembre 2003, 14:48:32

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

berarma

Las últimas noticias del NPGMC son que el Chocolate Invasion se retrasa indefinidamente por un problema en la fabricación (?), y este domingo a las 3pm hora CT habrá chat con Rad.

Scandalous

La sala "GlamSlam" se ha reabierto para la escucha de un nuevo tema: "What Do U Want Me 2 Do?" de 3:46 de duración. No está mal, me recuerda a la reversioneada "The ballad of Dorothy Parker" en Hit & Round Tour, y me da que es de la quinta del anterior tema editado este año en el club titulado "Reflections".

En sala se ve a Prince dando un paseillo y sacandose el pañuelo de la solapa de la chaqueta del traje. Se ve que todavía tiene algo de moquillo  ;D

También anunciado en el foro Coleccionismo

Scandalous

Para quien le interese y quiera practicar inglés...

Rad: Hi everybody!
PaisleyPark9: Hi Rad
PaisleyPark3: welcome, RAD!
PaisleyPark9: Thank u 4 joining us!
PaisleyPark9: we will start with Unique
Unique: hi rose, how r u? as an opening q i wanted 2 ask what u intend on bringing 2 the npg, considering u r 1 of 3 keyboard players, plus prince, in a band, and what ure future intentions in the band r?
Rad: Unique, all the keyboard players in the NPG have different roles and personalities. Prince's music has many textures, so we can all bring our fortes to the table!
symbolsm1: Hello! Welcome 2 the Chat Room. Hopefully we will get 2 see U play with the NPG. So far, what has ben Your Experience playing with Prince and the NPG?
Rad: It has been a lot of fun, especially cause I grew up listening to Prince!! Everyone in the band is supportive and super funky, it's a real family feel - which is totally my thing!
symbolsm1: Thank U
craigml1: WILL U B SINGING N THE UPCOMING RELEASES
Rad: honestly I don't know. that would be cool though.
PaisleyPark9: what musicians do u go c per4m live any chance u get?
Rad: Maceo, Tower of Power, Tania Maria, Larry Goldings, Toots Thielemans, and so many more.
Markos: no question in particular, just say welcome 2 U in the NPGFamily. I can't wait 2 c u all jamming. Peace
Rad: thank you Markos!!
rachel: hello rad! what keyboard will u b playing, and did u get a look at prince guitar effect pedal? what fuzz tone? if u can share this info u will make me very happy! anyway cya soon i guess..... :)
Rad: I've been playing Fender Rhodes, VK7 organ, Nord and a Motif. I have some 10 pedals and Prince has even more, so I have no idea which one is the fuzzy one.
takki: hello rad! i am so glad 2 chat with u! my first experience of your live performance was e-train with sheila e, in blue note tokyo, 2001. it was wonderful night 4 me and my wife!!!!! how do u feel about e-train??? please don't forget lots of asians r proud of u! b funky and stay beautiful!!!
Rad: Hey Takki!! E-train was cool and the tour to Japan with Sheila was fun, we made a lot of friends there. Best to you and Aya!
Vera: Rad, Do U believe in God and do you reflect your spirituality in your musical creation process and how? Welcome to the NPG.
Rad: I consider myself a very spiritual person and keep this side of me very private.
Vera: Cool
PAISLEYMARK: Hi Rad, welcome, have u been recording things with the NPG yet, or practising and what is it like, atmosphere etc.? Thank u for taking time with us!!
Rad: Glad to be spending this time with y'all! I haven't done any recording with the NPG. We've rehearsing a lot for the live shows. There's a lot of material to cover, so we work a lot on getting the shows together, but we also jam which is a blast. Watch out for those after shows!!!!
dennis70: hi Rad, how did u and prince/npg meet up? did u know eachother longer?
Rad: John Blackwell (the magnificent) has known my music for a long time and recommended me. One day Prince called and asked if I would come to Paisley Park and jam.
dennis70: great, thank u
clarenceL: Hello RAD! Just want 2 say hi! This is really wonderful that we have a chance 2 talk 2 the band members! Keep it Funky! C U on Stage Soon! Peace!
Rad: cool - and peace to you clarence
SVaughn: Hi Rad, you are very beautiful, and welcome to the NPG Family :), I am looking forward to listening to you play. Some of Prince's most loyal fams are his worst critics, therefore the fam base is a very difficult group to please, are u ready for the challenge, and is this period of your career the most exciting time?
Rad: lucky for me music has brought me many exciting times and encounters. Criticism is nothing new for a musician. I have released 4 albums of my own and welcome all feedback.
JSOUL99: 2 ?'s for you how long did you rehearse w/band to get the songs down? Plus is there a solo project in the future for you?
Rad: I rehearsed with the NPG for 2 months. We are working on the 5th rad. album right now, it'll come out sometime next year. There is a rad. live album about to be released, that we recorded in Paris last year.
suzy69: k, ain't gonna question u about ur musical abilities, u more than proved urself so far, so respect for that, my question, to lighten the mood is......... can you "moonwalk" michael jackson style? i can but only after vodka............ i had to ask, what??????? relax girl, u amongst friends now, njoy the ride!
Rad: hey girl! watch it now! I'd love to moonwalk, but the stilettos get in the way :)
HolyRivs99: Good Day Rad and crew, I'm always excited and interested when someone new has linked up with our man, my brother in The Faith, Prince Nelson. So, I was interested in knowing with your style in Music, What Inspiration and Enlightenment do you bring to The N.P.G table, and what Knowledge do you seek to gain in your Union with us ??? Once again thanks for being with us and may your Journey with all in The N.P.G Community be Peaceful and Tranquil ?
Rad: Our musical inspirations are very similar, so playing with Prince & the NPG is a very natural progression.
HolyRivs99: Shalom Rad
AtenO: Since U have joined the NPG, what is the purpose of 3 keyboardists or for what genre of music would u say? U and the band rehearsing right now for the aftershows??? Peace 2 U
Rad: since everyone keeps asking about the 3 keyboardist; Renato takes care of a lot of the orchestral layers and is a true keyboard wiz, who has great jazz chops, Chance is a keyboard bass player and lays a lot of funky phatness and is a great singer. You could liken me to Rosie Stone in Sly & the family Stone, I hit the organ a lot and add some soul!
AtenO: thank U
dori: Hi Rad & welcome, What do you hope to bring to the NPG in terms of music & do you have a favourite Prince song which you would love to perform with him (If you haven't already)? Hope to see you play in Europe in not to distant future.
Rad: I like all the classic funk and that's been my home for many years. I am also a jazz player, so I'd like to bring some of that to the table too. Prince likes it when musicians have their own thing and can add some personality.
dori: Thanks & love
AnnaStesia71: I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the room.
Rad: Well thank you and welcome to you 2
Chrushin: Rad! I'm about 2 go Rad... Hi & Welcome 2 the NPG! My question is: Did u join the band only 4 the Aussi concerts or will we c your involvement in future experiences from Prince and the NPG where your style and your musical color will spread? But I think the same question has been answered already so here's another 1: Do U write the lyrics on radmusic.com? would really like 2 c U & the NPG live in Europe pretty soon :) Peace & much , God bless u, greetings from Germany....
Rad: Chrushin, Grße an Dich anch Deutschland. Yes I write my own stuff, together with my collaborator and producer, Michael. We hope to see you in Europe soon.
Chrushin: Cool... Thank u very much 4 visiting us and spending your time
hapi4u2: HELLO RAD WELCOME TO THE N P G.. I HAVE NO QUESTION ...I WILL PASS THE BATON... LOOKN FORWARD ON HEARING UR WORK ...MUCH LUV--->
ndestry: Did you ever dream of working with Prince? Did you always follow his music? Were you used to long hours of performing on that level before?
Rad: Yes, actually I did. For a musician it's a great privilege to work with someone who is a musical genius like Prince. The music is challenging and rewarding.
Rad: long hours? sure!
ndestry: Thanks
aknate: thank you for being here. i look forward to hearing your contribution to the npg. you've already played with a long list of talented musicians, who would you like to play with in the future? peace & luv from alaska
Rad: Michael McDonald, Bill Withers come to mind right away.
SebastianC: Hello Rad! What Prince song do U like most & why? I know there R 2 many but... Ohhh... & these here R 4 U ... Viele Grße aus Deutschland! Pozdrowienia z Polski!
Rad: too many songs I like. But when you see him play by himself on the piano, absolutely everything he plays is breathtaking!!! He is a true artist.
SebastianC: Yes he is!
Katt: Rad I believe you spent a long time in Europe what do you think of the London Jazz scene? And is there anyone that you believe we should keep our eye out for? ("Layin' Low" and the track "Higher Plane" on ur album Higher Plane are outstanding by the way :)
Rad: I spent about 6 years in Europe. I have fond memories of the North London music scene. We had some of the musicians from Galliano and Push guest on my first album, since Michael was working with them at the time. Other great people include Carleen Anderson, Bluey from Incognito and Sax player Jacko Peake and Trumpeter Damon Brown. They are all friends of ours.
PaisleyPark3: was it a difficult adjustment getting in2 the world of Prince and the NPG? The many songs 2 learn in a short time, the long hours, the close attention one would have 2 pay during a show... U seem 2 fit right in like u've been there all along.
Rad: Maceo said the same thing to me. I have always been a diligent worker. But it also helps to have similar musical background and work ethic. I worked with Bobby Byrd, Roger, Tower of Power, had the bass player who followed Larry G in Sly Stone's band on my record.
PaisleyPark3: thanx :)
ascenderx: What's ur midi sequencing software of choice? Audio editor? i dig ur tunes btw.........
Rad: cubase
Aziza: Just Welcome Rad, Keep it Funky!!!! Thanx
stoff: Do you own every Prince and the Revolution extended singles ? If so, which is / are your favorite(s) ?
Rad: I don't every one of them, no.
nelsonfactory: Hello RAD ! Could u speak to us about "Musicology" ? Maybe u have news to share with us ?? U're wonderful and your voice is warm and sensual !! See U in France !!!!!!!!!!
Rad: Bonjour nelsonfactory! I haven't seen the video for Musicology, but I had great time on the video shoot. Rumour has it that it turned out spectacular. As for the song itself - it's a true funk attack!!!!!
kdowney: Hi Rad, just wanna say welcome and look forward to seein U play?? hope U were able to find your way round the house? anytime U need help here stop by the room we can help?
Rad: ok thanks
SweeTea: Just want to say I look forward to groovin with you and the other members of the NPG... really soon in whateva media...live preferred...Welcome!!!
Funkychristo: Hi RAD! first of all, congratulations for all your work in this tour. We hope 2 hear from Prince and the NPG very soon. I have just one question: We know that u grew up listening 2 Prince but did u ever attend one of his concerts? Did u really think u could ever be with him on stage? Peace and love 4 u
Rad: Yeah, I sure did see him live and it's an honour to be on stage with him.
Funkychristo: Thanx 4 your time
JayP: Hello from Canada, Rad. Welcome. Hope to see you in concert. No questions.
Booyah: Hi Rad - What do you love about your life? Since I think we already know an answer to that, would you like Prince to be involved in your "solo" Rad albums, or is your solo work YOUR solo work?
Rad: I love music and my 7 month old daughter. It would be great if Prince would want to contribute to a rad. album. No guitar player funkier than him!
Booyah: Thanks Rad
Kev2: do you have any solo European dates planned? in support of your new album?
Rad: we did for october, but you know what happened! The rad. band will probably be back sometime next year. Until then dig on the live album: rad. - Live at the New Morning, Paris coming out next month :)
sweetandshy: Hi RAD!!! I hope you doing fine. What is the title of the song you performed in the video on you website? I love the song Laying Low. I am a little jealous of you because of you talent and because you met and are performing with Prince. I hope I will be seeing you perform in Kentucky or Indiana. Welcome to the club.
Rad: It's called "Mean & Lean". It's from the album Make Every Second Count
sweetandshy: Thanks RAD
Daylight: Hello Rad, What is it like touring to different countries and working with different musicians? Welcome to the NPG.
Rad: that's the coolest about music. it takes you to so many beautiful places and you meet the best people - just like all of you!
biznis: Hi Rad, who is the most mischevious member in the band on tour? Any practical jokers?
Rad: Ha, don't get me in trouble already. Actually, both applies to ALL!
Preistess: Welcome to the family Rad! I have 2 questions if I may. First, if you weren't a musician, what would you be doing? Second, at what age did you decide that you wanted to be a musician/keyboardist? Once again, welcome to the family
Rad: There was time in my life where I thought I was going to teach (music). But the playing bug got me! I decided I'd be a pro after listening to stevie wonder and being able to play his stuff by ear, at 11.
Preistess: Thank you
PenelopeJo: Hi Rad, The New Earth Embassy considers Prince and the NPG a Cornerstone of Music and Beauty in the New World. I wish You All the Best during your experience as a musician with the NPG. No questions ... Peace and Love : PB ~ Ambassador ~ New Earth Embassy
rainbowchild7: High RAD. What does being a member of the NPG mean 2 u?
Rad: Means I get to play with some of the highest caliber musicians in the world led by a musical genius in perhaps the tightest live show there is. Great fans at the shows too!! That's hecka cool! Also nice to play with Maceo again after all this time (we did in 92).
Ladylove: Hi, I wish you the best. What is it you prefer when playing with Prince and NPG?
Rad: I love it when we hit a mean groove, like Controversy and then transition into a tender ballad and hit it just as hard!
gabino: Hi RAD! what do you like to do to relax after the show?
Rad: take a hot bath at the hotel
Priana: Much Success 2 U Rad..so nice of Prince 2 include U in2 our family. Stay True & God Bless
Finess: rad, just wanted to say thank u for coming to spend time with the cast of crazies up in here :)
Darkefaerie: No questions. Just Hi and Welcome to the NPG Fam... pop in here for a casual chat sometime. *hugs and kisses*
marco_lori: Has Prince influenced your style of playing?
Rad: he did through his records before already. being there on stage watching him play teaches volumes
coketa69: Any up and coming music from the NPG 2 look for?
Rad: you'll know about it first on the NPGMC. In the meantime check out our record label 7 Bridges Recordings at http://www.7bridges.net, haha ;)
neptunechild: Hi Rad :) ! No Questions. Welcome to the MC.
11101971995577: Welcome. I just wanted to say I love the depth of your voice and Never say Never is wonderful. You've joined up with the finest group possible, with Brother Nelson to set the pace. Look out Nora Jones~~~RAD's in town. Faith Hope & Love, my dear, you have my support. I'm looking forward to the inspiration of the 5th RAD. Much love. And thank you NPGMC for the invitation. PP9 @ great patience. RAD thanks for your time.
Rad: 5577 tahnks for the support
11101971995577: your welcome RAD. much love. chow 4 now
tisamaie: When did you start going by RAD? Were you nervous the first time you played onstage w/Prince and the NPG? Peace
tisamaie: very cool nickname , btw
Rad: tisamaie, rad. is the initials of my real name, so I've been going by that since I was a teen. And no I don't surf :) the rad. stage appearance was in early '92. Wasn't nervous on the first jam with Prince cause he makes you feel comfortable.
PaisleyPark9: And on that note we r going 2 end this chat session. Eternal gratitude 2 rad. 4 joining us 2day. And thank u 2 the members 4 taking turns and being cool.
PaisleyPark9: Thank u, Rad
Rad: Thanks all, c u soon and much love!

Scandalous

Es la conversación del chat con RAD del pasado domingo, lo saqué del club, del mismo sitio en el que están la de Nikka Costa, Sheila E., Eric Leeds, Ronda Smith & John Balckwell y la de nuestro amigo Morris Hayes. Yo ni tan siquiera estuve en ese chat de RAD y tampoco he leido en profundidad semejante ladrillo.

Han sacado la sección de "NPG News" y la de "Digital Garden"... a ver que ponen en su lugar.

Por cierto, curiosos temas (al menos para mi) los de esta semana en la sala Reflections  :D

ibiza

;D ;DSolo entiendo...hola,bienvenido, :-/..y es que de donde no hay no se puede sacar ???

Scandalous

Además de esos vinilos que ha puesto Toto en coleccionismo, para el que tenga depresión y quiera invertir el "genio", hay alguna novedad más, de la que me ha parecido más destacable:

Pandereta 50$

Lote de 10 púas 10$

SEXYWEAPON

hemos puesto lo mismo, de camino hay q decir que hay seccion de rebajas...ropa, calendarios, libreto de la gira ONA, boina de la NPG dance company....

tototote

¿Donde está el lote de puas? No lo veo...
Gom's Prince Guitar Picks Collection:www.gpgpc.com

Scandalous

Estaban en la sección instrumentos. Ahora ya no están. ¿Las han vendido todas? Joer! no me ha dado tiempo ni a mirar si tenía suelto en el monedero.

Scandalous

Rhonda Smith "Intellipop" 15$
Tracks: ITP, Say, Karamel, Life, Be Careful What You Wish For, Rhondasm, Midnight, Mother Earth, Calling To Say Goodbye, Epilogue

Rad "Higher Plane" 15$
Tracks: Never Stop, Be With You, Layin' Low, Natural, Emily's Garden, Guarabe Love, E.L.B.O.Y., Days Gone By, Higher Plane, Veils

SEXYWEAPON

señores, esta mañana o ayer tarde pusieron otra vez a la venta las puas de guitarras, pero claro, esta tarde ya no han quedao :(

gracias a dios, "alguien" hizo un pedido  ;D

SEXYWEAPON

o algunos hemos pillado mas de la cuenta :P ;D

Ezer Melchsedek

¿Y del Chocolate Invasions se sabe algo?  ???

SEXYWEAPON

del chocolate na de na
eso si, sabotage prepara una bonita caja de 7 cds con los shows ( soundcheck+concierto+aftershow) de su gira por Hawaii

Chuck Romerales

Y eso qué decian qué en Hawaii no se habia grabado nada... anda qué si lo llegan a grabar  ;D
Me subí a la rejaaaa

SEXYWEAPON

Citar    Y eso qué decian qué en Hawaii no se habia grabado nada... anda qué si lo llegan a grabar  ;D

anda que creerse eso...  ;D ;D

Chuck Romerales

Citaranda que creerse eso...  ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Me subí a la rejaaaa

Scandalous

La sala Glam Slam se abrirá los fines de semana. Hoy han comenzado con dos temas:

- Un refrito que todavía no me he descargado :P
- "Slaughterhouse", que yo creo que no lo había escuchado nunca. No estoy seguro.

Pues nada, a ver si todos los fines de semana ponen cosas interesantes.

SEXYWEAPON

el glam slam mix ya lo pusieron hace tiempo en la sala reflection creo, es el mismo del ultimo ahdio show. creo q el otro tema es el SM Groove ya editao en el año 1 del NPGMC

nada nuevo :(

por cierto, el Slaugtherhouse no es el Silicon (rope of silicon)?

Crush

Una pregunta ? estas canciones se pueden bajar ? es decir no solo escucharlas si no tb bajarlas...?
El amor esta dentro de ti cada momento q miras al centro de tu corazon