Morris Hayes chat NPGMC

Iniciado por SEXYWEAPON, 10 Septiembre 2003, 06:30:48

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

SEXYWEAPON

PaisleyPark3: welcome, Morris!
MorrisHayes: Hi all!
jpvb: Hi Mr. Hayes - As Exodus sound very different from all the other projects you worked on with Prince, how was it 2 play on that project could U explain us something about those sessions ?
MorrisHayes: The cool thing about those sessions were that they all started with Mike & Sonny messing around in rehearsal (By the way, my typing is a tad bit slow, so be gentle with me). Anyway, they were really groovin' and Prince said why don't we just cut a record with some of those grooves.
Princefriend: Hi! Just wondered if you're related to Isaac Hayes? Much love to you & thanks for your music!
MorrisHayes: Ha. No, but I like the other Mr. Hayes!
lorribaby: Hi Morris, I heard you are workin it on the road with Maceo so thank you for the time today. My question is what is your favorite Prince song you plyed on and why.
MorrisHayes: fav Prince song, that's hard. loved Joy in reps, days of wild, ? of u
Joy2daworld: 2 cool
rebecca: Mr.Hayes...Welcome!!! Thank you for joining us NPGmembers today:) ....You are a true GREAT musician.....Maceo Parker will be here in DC/Baltimore area next week ........Will you also be with him? ............and excuse me but Maiya (member here ) says Hello:) .......I was at the Wolf trap in Vienna. Va..GREAT jam!!! So many Hayes's :P
MorrisHayes: yes, thanks. drama that day tho!
aryciaa: hello Mr Hayes!!! Which NPG band is the best up to you, and why did you stay so long, is it a Prince's choice, yours or simply a contractual reason, well how have you done to stay in the band while the others left? and thanks a lot for this great moment in restaurant spent with us in Paris after the Maceo Parker's concert!!!!!!! love OLIVIA and MAROUSSIA
MorrisHayes: wow
aryciaa: lol
MorrisHayes: The best band... hmmmm. I loved all the one's that I have been in, but u knew that.
MorrisHayes: :O-)
aryciaa: of course
MorrisHayes: I guess I stayed so long cause I loved it so ... and the people I worked with. You guys made it worth the trip 4 me.
marierouge: Hi Mr Hayes, bonsoir from Paris. My question: I wonder, after you've been playing with such a charismatic man as Prince, have you felt the same energy elsewhere? and is there any new project with Prince soon?
MorrisHayes: Maceo is really a cool bruh. It's the same vibe as when I was with P. nuttin' but luv. my studio door is always open to P. I would love to do some thangs with the man.
rascal: just came online to tell u how nice it was to see u in Oslo my friend :) my partner in crime says hello and wonders if u remembered the story of the Troll..?
MorrisHayes: I did. nice to see u'all
Unique: ok, what were ure most xciting xperiences with the npg, bearing in mind all the stuff going on with the namechange, the gold exp not being released and touring an album that nobody could buy?
MorrisHayes: I think u all ways feel more connected to the group that u came in on. what can I say, it was truly a wild ride. I think I was there during a lot of ground breaking moments with P. 2 many 2 count. the free the music era was very important.
aundrea: hi mr hayes! do you have any plans to play in minneapolis?
MorrisHayes: perhaps with Kip Blackshire
AtenO: yeah!
Joy2daworld: cool !
MorrisHayes: He is making moves in the city. He is truly fantastic!
Sahar: It was awesome 2 C u on stage in Oslo the 12th of August with Maceo Parker... I can C that U love working on stage... your wonderfull smile never leaves your face... I don't really have a Q... just sending my love from Norway... Thank U 4 being U,.... and I hope 2 C/hear U play with Prince again soon and I hope U come back 2 Norway really soon
MorrisHayes: Thank u. It is a joy 2 work in this biz
stoff: Hello Mr Hayes ----When you listened to N.E.W.S., what was your thought ?
MorrisHayes: When I played in n.y. at the apollo, after, Prince sent his car 2 pick me up. The NEWS was playing. I thought...aw man this is tight. so I asked him about it and he gave me 1.
smilingjoe: that Prince is a bloody nice bloke
MorrisHayes: that he is.
sexymf1980: Good evening Mr Hayes from Scotland. 1st time on chat room and a bit nervous lol It may be a strange question, but what do u feel Prince and the NPG's music has that makes it appeal to people of every age? peace and love, scott
MorrisHayes: that's interesting. thinking. let me get the ?. I think P is really saying something that all could use. if u allow your mind 2 be open
NESCI: good answer!
sexymf1980: I just think its coz its so fresh and funky and so diffrent from all the manufactured pap thats around these days
MorrisHayes: me 2. It's just different. That's what I liked most about my gig with P.
sexymf1980: peace and thanks
nosar5: Greetings MR. HAYES ,My question is what attracted u to play the organ and what effect has it had on the way u view life ? What is the length of a typical jam session,is it day or nite? 2 me some songs sound at nite and vice versa.
MorrisHayes: I played organ at church. take care of your organ...it will take of u. music all times of the day & nite. All good!
nosar5: THX
danliz: my claim to fame is when you asked me if you could have my cheese burger at brixton acadamey and I said NO sorry whats your claim to fame other than music and Prince
MorrisHayes: hmmmm. asking you 4 a chesse burger. opps! Cheese. I don't eat cheese.
PaisleyPark3: uh oh! :)
danliz: no but u were too busy looking at me stuffing my face, dosen't Prince feed u?
Finess: oh snap
MorrisHayes: as a matter of fact...yes. don't go there!
Sahar: :)
BillyTheKid: Hi Morris, what do the words "New Power Generation" mean to YOU?
MorrisHayes: good times.
PaisleyPark3: What's ur favorite rig in the studio?
MorrisHayes: I can tell u what I have on the road, and it rocks. motif rack, titanium g4, motu dp4,mach 5
PaisleyPark3: ooh, fun
OldFriends4Sale: montalbo!
MorrisHayes: what up yo!
onesong1967: Hi Morris. I love your playing & it was great talking with u in London in 98 (brixton). In the beautiful experince video u play in "The Jam" in which Prince introduces u as 'a funky man.' Is that an accurate description of yourself?
MorrisHayes: I'm not so bad on the nose actually. we try, we try
onesong1967: lol. Good answer.
nelsonfactory: High Morris !! You're the greatest keyboard sampler of all NPG band member! You are Days of wild 4 me ! Have u plans on cd ? I almost sure u'll be great in addition with renato with the NPG !! What do u eat ?
MorrisHayes: thanks. ha ha. renato is great indeed
nelsonfactory: But different !
MorrisHayes: aren't we all? That's what makes it great.
nelsonfactory: yes we are
symbolsm1: Hello!Mr Hayes, wondering what Ur style is NOW. Are U still fly? Any projects your working on, Prince or Otherwise? Thank 4 being here and hope U are injoying it!"WhereverUR!"
MorrisHayes: cool. I have many things i'm working on. look out 4 kip blackshire. a young rapper named bezzy. songstress rachel black
MorrisHayes: stress
MorrisHayes: less
MorrisHayes: ha ha
symbolsm1: Thanks....kepp thouse Keys going!!!!:)
Daylight: Hello Morris Hayes ---- Do you have plans to work on a solo cd? Do you have a website? And since you are touring with Maceo Parker will their be a videotape or a DVD of the tour? Thank you for chatting with us.
MorrisHayes: thanks. Yes, in time. Do u think I should have a web site?
Daylight: yes
theOne: yes!
cbastriani: yah it would be good for a website
nelsonfactory: yes !
lorribaby: website yes
MorrisHayes: u may have 2 check around for a video
Unique: www.funkyman.com
onesong1967: your very own digtal garden
Finess: lol. get sam to do it
MorrisHayes: well any good web designers out there that could help a brother out?
theOne: yes I know 1
Unique: bill gates
dejamesal: can I help u?
theOne: of course !
MorrisHayes: bill. Hahahahaha
MorrisHayes: i'm still laughing
chriscurry: How did u meet up with Prince?
MorrisHayes: Levi made the connect with P 4 me thru some studio work with The Time.
peter70: hello, mr Hayes...greetings from Holland.....thanx 4 joining us......at what kinda music do u listen 2 yourself these days....who is your favourite besides Prince?
MorrisHayes: I listen to everything I can get my mits on.
peter70: no favourites?
MorrisHayes: I have 489 albums on my iTunes mp3 list
PaisleyPark3: whew!
onesong1967: do u download mp3s?
peter70: wow. What was the firts album u put in that list?
MorrisHayes: the first album that I ever downloaded from the net was bang zoom! by Bobby Mcferren, from the Apple store 4 days ago
dori: Hi Morris & thanks for taking time to be here, supposing you are going away & can only take one album....Gold Experience or Exodus.......which do you choose & why? By the way understand you completely on the slow typing same problem here
MorrisHayes: Gold Experience. I was in the room when P wrote "Eye Hate U". I shall never 4get.
Freaker: NPG Exodus was da bomb man.....soundtrack to my adolescence
MorrisHayes: Exodus was the bomb, no doubt
Unique: who was "Eye Hate U" about?
MorrisHayes: U have 2 ask p. I didn't ask.
Freaker: I Thank u guys eternally 4 that album
dori: Thanks Morris & peace, That must have been a memorable experience
cmoon: Hi Morris, thanks 4 taking time 2 chat with us. My ? is, would U say that nobody does do studio recordings as fast as Prince does? Thanks 4 answering N'joy life, greets from Chris from little Switzerland!.. don't eat cheese either!
MorrisHayes: haha. He is stupid fast in the studio. My nerves are bad 2 this day, foolin' with some of those sessions!
Joy2daworld: the 1st TIME I met U was @ the Roxi in Boston 4 the Jam of the Year concert, and the 2sd was @ Paisiley Park 4 the fund raiser 4 Sharon ( the mayor of MPLS @ the time ) I have no ? 4 ya but I will tell bro Keep them KEYS a SHINING. U r a BEAUTIFUL PERSON KEEP GODS LOVE IN U.hey is Kirky J still around? if so tell him I said HI!..YES MAKE A WEB SITE!!!
MorrisHayes: Kirky is my boooieeeyy! We are neighbors, friends 4 life.
Joy2daworld: thanks 4 all MH
MorrisHayes: welcome
bigzman: an important part of the minneapolis scene has been Jesse Johnson, who has not played for quite some time, as I understand it; I am wondering if mr. hayes has ever worked with jesse or knows if he plans to reenter the scene; a gig with Prince and mr. hayes would be incredible! thanks for your time!
MorrisHayes: I met Jesse right after my short stint w/ The Time. I don't know what he is up 2, but I wish him well whatever he does.
Finess: he's doing the family jam with Sheila E
MorrisHayes: fantastic!
PaisleyPark3: time 4 just a couple more... next, ateno?
AtenO: hello Morris..this is Pauline from LA....no ? but...check out my website...if u get a chance......so U know what's up with me ;) www.atenoart.com Peace 2 U and Ur family
MorrisHayes: thanks
kdowney: hello Morris I was asked to ask if U use stock b3's if not who modifies them and what kind
MorrisHayes: for P or Maceo?
kdowney: I have not clue what I said
kdowney: for P, and my girl from LR says hi
MorrisHayes: he had it custom built
MorrisHayes: it cost a grip 2!
sjbfunk74: Hi Morris, it's getting late in London town...so briefly...It's clear that P is the leader of his many bands - I have 2 Q's. 1. Have you ever tried to advise Prince on a musical idea? 2. Does Prince miss any previous band members or is that not possible?
MorrisHayes: I'm sure he misses me!
AtenO: lol. So do We
Sahar: I am sure
MorrisHayes: hehehe
onesong1967: and me
MorrisHayes: thanks 2 all
aryciaa: thanks morris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kdowney: peace Morris
Sahar: thank U Mr Hayes... pls come back sooooon
MorrisHayes: this is the thing that makes it all good 4 me
Unique: thanx morris
gregmcbride: Later Morris.
celestine: thanks morris
AtenO: that was cool...thanx Morris...can't wait for the Blackshire ALBUM
PaisleyPark3: morris, we appreciate u being here this afternoon.. drop by again when u can!
cbastriani: love n flowers!
jill1999: bye morris :)
stoff: Thanx Morris
symbolsm1: Thanks Morris!!!:)
dejamesal: thank u mr . from spain
Mystical: Bye Morris
Finess: peace Morris
cmoon: keep the good fight a-live!
liveinlight: Thanks Morris
Finess: be good brah'
MorrisHayes: have me back again sometime
PaisleyPark3: anytime u like
tammuz2025: Peace Out Playa
Freaker: MORRIS......THANX.....funk on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
MorrisHayes: thanks. bye
lorribaby: stay and chat morris... we r fun
Sahar: yeah... hang out 4 a while. It's cool
MorrisHayes: Sorry, I have 2 sound check w/ Maceo.
MorrisHayes: Thank you all. Peace!

bigjim99

Después de tragarme el ladrillazo, lo único q me ha parecido interesante de verdad es saber q P se hizo construír un B3 customizado.

El resto lo de siempre, peloteo barato. Ha sabido esquivar bien las preguntas relacionadas con P....
Morris es muy buen tío y muy abierto, xo yo nunca me creo lo q dicen en esas ocasiones chateras.....
Gracias SW! ;)