Breves

Iniciado por Shockadelica, 19 Febrero 2007, 09:48:44

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 79 Visitantes están viendo este tema.

mecky

Cita de: zucris65 en 20 Octubre 2008, 23:24:23
Prince presentara a Donatella Versace con el Premio de Moda Superstar
"Nueva York, NY - Prince presentará Donatella Versace con el Premio Superstar en la "25º Noche de Estrellas del Grupo Internacional  de la Moda" esta semana. El Premio Superstar es premio otorgado por el FGI en el evento en honor a "Los Alquimistas". Se llevará a cabo 23 de octubre en el Cipriani Wall Street. Gianni Versace el hermano de  recibió el prestigioso premio en 1995. Ambos hubieron el año pasado en el Rodeo Drive Paseo de Estilo por sus contribuciones al mundo de la moda y el entretenimiento. 
El libro de Prince "21 Nights" debuta en el Nº 9 en la lista de bestsellers según New York Times
El libro es un diario fotográfico de su 21 shows consecutivos realizados en el 02 Arena  - Londres, el año pasado y cuenta con un  CD del aftershow  en discoteca Indigo2"

Palabras mas o menos...
http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=114335

Con relación a esto, he encontrado esto otro......
U + me, what a ride

openbook

No sé si esto se ha visto ya por aquí....

Esperando, (un ascensor??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnmjFJqpctQ
Well, if happiness was standing at your door
I mean tell me what would you say?

zucris65

Cita de: openbook en 22 Octubre 2008, 18:00:05

Q lindo q estaba!!! :sweetheart:  pero no entiendo la situación...!!!  :o

eldoctorjota

Si es N.Y. y es el all-star weekend, debe ser 1998. Y en ese caso, debió el duelo Jorda- Bryant  que le valió al primero el MVP (¡vaya lujazo!)

Shockadelica

Está guapísimo, aunque el atuendo y el maquillaje que llevaba no era muy de pasar la tarde viendo un partido de baloncesto ;D. Me ha hecho gracia la situación al abrirse el ascensor y la cara con que le mira la rubia, intentando disimular que acaba de ver a Prince. También me hace gracia la postura que pone como apoyado en el bastón. Está muy salao. :D
Oh baby, I really like your look
When U lay your eyes on me, U know I'm hooked
I'm waiting 2 feel your touch
Your body, your mind, and soul...
Is that 2 much?

mecky

Hmmmmm.....está monísimo, simplemente genial, y a mi también me gusta la postura que adopta con el bastón, le da un aire desenfadado (un niño grande)....qué mono..... :)
No sé si es que estaba más pendiente de él, pero no me ha parecido que entrara en el ascensor, no sé.........
U + me, what a ride

hello01

Por diossssssssss.........................como se puede ser tan guapo, sexy, interesante, gracioso, etc., etc., hasta esperando un ascensor esta para comérselo.......  :smitten:

eldoctorjota

Cita de: eldoctorjota en 22 Octubre 2008, 20:12:24
Si es N.Y. y es el all-star weekend, debe ser 1998. Y en ese caso, debió el duelo Jordan- Bryant  que le valió al primero el MVP (¡vaya lujazo!)
De lo arreglado que fuera tampoco hay que fiarse mucho porque la mitad de la gente va a hacer el paseillo y que le vean más que a disfrutar del espectáculo. De todas formas, no necesariamente tendría que ser antes del partido, es todo un fín de semana y aparte de lo deportivo (hay 2 oartidos y competiciones) hay multitud de eventos extradeportivos que también deben ir con el cartelito.
Si se perdió el partido,  :smash:

cesary

Esta claro que a las chicas del foro les ha gustado,ejeje,en mi opinión creo que debe ser desagradable estar sólo y que todo el mundo te mire....

cat

Genial  :smitten:

PatricioRey

Entrevista a Prince en Yahoo News.

NEW YORK – At a celebration/concert for Prince's new book, late night had turned into early morning, the bar was closing and party organizers were deciding what decorations to pack up first.

But Prince was still on stage — and still captivating the exclusive group of about 200 fans who had gathered in an intimate penthouse loft to hear him perform.

Though he had taken about a two-hour break between sets, Prince was entering hour four in what would become a nearly five-hour musical extravaganza that not only included his own seminal hits like "Purple Rain" and "Little Red Corvette," but also interpretations of music from Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles, The Rolling Stones and even Janet Jackson and India.Arie for good measure. (Fans paid $1,000 for the first jam session and $300 for the second: Proceeds went to charity.)

It's this kind of magic that Prince tried to capture with "21 Nights," a glossy coffee-table book published by Simon & Schuster that documents the glamorous rocker during his record-breaking, 21-night run at London's 02 Arena last year. The book not only steals glimpses of his onstage performances, but also behind-the-scenes moments of the star and his band during the unprecedented concert stint.

"No one had ever sold out 21 nights in a row," said photographer Randee St. Nicholas. "So I thought, 'We should do a book surrounding this point in his life, because this is a great point in his life.'"

While his three-decades-long career has been meticulously chronicled, Prince is quick to point out, "Not by me — never by me. That's someone else who's on the outside looking in." This time, it's Prince — with St. Nicholas — telling the story, through his own frame of reference.

"This was a landmark event," says Prince, sitting on the rooftop with the Manhattan skyline as his backdrop during a break from rehearsals before the evening's musical marathon. "No one believed that it would do what it did. ... Everyone tried to talk me out of it."

Of course, Prince is used to proving skeptics wrong. These days, he's regarded as a pioneer for artists' rights and known for releasing music over the Internet. But when he left his longtime label Warner Bros. nearly two decades ago after a protracted battle over his creative path, and abandoned major record labels to release music on his own, he left everyone — from fans to musician insiders — wondering if he had lost his mind.

In recent years, he has re-linked with major record labels like Sony and Universal Music Group to release his albums, but isn't sure any record is worth putting out in this era of piracy and illegal downloads. Though the book includes a CD, it contains no new songs, just classic hits and other songs from one of his signature jam sessions.

"Today, it's not realistic to expect to put out new music and profit from it. There's no point in trying to put new music out there and keep it from being (exploited)," he says.

And he now has disdain for the way the Internet has, in his view, subverted artists' rights.

"The powers that be are abusing the copyright infringement," he says. "You can't sample Steven Spielberg; you don't see his stuff up there, just old tapes of the Ohio Players, who can't afford to defend themselves."

But while Prince exudes hints of frustration, he's hardly bitter: These days, serenity and good-natured fun seem to be his mantra.

Though he professes shyness, the diminutive artist gives a warm hug as a welcome, and during his show — which had Spike Lee, Anderson Cooper and Dave Chappelle in the audience — he had fans laughing as he cracked jokes throughout (among his more memorable was referring to himself as Rihanna, an allusion to Internet gossip that the statuesque singer had been mistaken for Prince).

St. Nicholas, a longtime friend, says Prince's conversion to the Jehovah's Witness faith several years ago has helped him evolve into a more spiritual person — and a more open one, in comparison with his reputation as a moody recluse. But Prince's public image has never been the real Prince that friends see behind closed doors, she adds.

"He's shy. But he doesn't necessarily hide or shield himself and attempt this mysterious persona that he has," she says of the twice-divorced star.

"You know children? You never know what they are going to do one minute to the next? ... That's very much how he is," she explains. "In a way it's very open, because if you can just hang in that moment with him, and just go for it — you're not worrying about the past."

And at times, Prince isn't even consumed with the present. While he talked about biblical implications to the recent stock market plunge ("that's why I had to bring back this song," he says as his band rehearses "1999" in the background), when it comes to a recent milestone, he's decidedly nonchalant.

"How old are we really?" asks Prince, who turned 50 in June. "It's about ascension. It's not the other way. There's nothing down about it. Everything is better."

As an example, he points to the 21-night run in London: "I couldn't have sold out 21 nights in London in the peak of my career; it would have been an impossibility," he says.

"I look forward to these years where everything is just open sky. I wish this for every artist: freedom."
Do you promise the funk?

eldoctorjota

Cita de: PatricioRey en 23 Octubre 2008, 23:26:05
"No one had ever sold out 21 nights in a row," said photographer Randee St. Nicholas. "So I thought, 'We should do a book surrounding this point in his life, because this is a great point in his life.'"
::) así a bote pronto, creo que Clapton ya llenó a principios de los 90s 24 noches en Royal Albert Hall. Lo que no quita mérito alguno a sus 21 noches, pero tampoco ha sido el primero en hacer algo así.

As an example, he points to the 21-night run in London: "I couldn't have sold out 21 nights in London in the peak of my career; it would have been an impossibility," he says.
No comprendo que quiere decir con esto.  ¿Quiere decir que en los 80s, cuando era el músico más admirado del planeta, no era tan popular como ahora que regala cds con los períodicos? No debería ser motivo de orgullo, creo yo, más bien de tristeza.

"Today, it's not realistic to expect to put out new music and profit from it. There's no point in trying to put new music out there and keep it from being (exploited)," he says.
:'(

mecky

Prince Adds Ultimate-Performance BB5-XBD Reference Monitoring Systems To LA Based Composing Facility

The musical phenomenon Prince has earned an enviable reputation for creating exciting, enveloping music. So when the chance came to upgrade a playback system, the musician/singer/songwriter looked no further than PMC, The Professional Monitor Company.

A full-featured two-channel BB5-XBD-A Large-Scale Reference Monitoring System was recently purchased for Prince's Los Angeles-based Composing Facility. Prince has released several hundred songs both under his own name and with other artists, winning a total of six Grammy Awards(r) and an Oscar(r) for Best Music, Original Song Score for Purple Rain; in 2004 the prolific artist was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Eventually the BB5-XBD-A system will make its way back to the artist's state-of-the-art Paisley Park recording complex in Minneapolis.

Prince performing at the O2 Arena, London, UK, during last year's sell-out concert series. IMAGE CREDIT: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.
According to sources close to the creative genius behind such international hits as Future Baby Mama, Raspberry Beret, Little Red Corvette, I Wanna Be Your Lover, Gett Off, 1999 and more, Prince was looking for a system that is powerful and, above all, had the ability to translate his music without compromise. He first heard the BB5-XBD-A system at Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis' Flyte Time Studios in Santa Monica, and was so impressed that he wanted to give it his own test. After contacting Maurice Patist, PMC USA's President of Sales & Marketing, arrangements were made to install a BB5-XBD-A system.

Patist completed the installation himself, simply to ensure that Prince would be happy with the results. "I checked and double-checked everything," the executive recalls, "so that everything was perfect." After working with the PMC reference system, the singer/songwriter/producer was said to be highly enthusiastic about its sonic performance, offering that the BB5-XBD-A was exactly what he'd had been looking for but never found. Rather tongue-in-cheek, Prince offered that he always wanted his sound in the studio to be as loud and clear as when he plays live gigs.

Prince's LA-based facility includes a number of custom-designed systems that can be used to create a portable recording environment. "We need to be versatile and offer the ability to create whatever setting Prince needs to work in," offers Dave Hampton, the producer's long-time technical consultant. "Many recording situations today do not resemble the traditional custom facility."

"The studio is based around a [Digidesign] Pro Tools|HD3 digital audio workstation," says session engineer Ian Boxill. "Because we use the space for basic tracking of demos and remixing, so high-precision monitoring is essential. The BB5-XBD-A system is perfect for our needs."

"We are very pleased with the new PMC BB5-XBD-A system," Hampton states, "because of three main factors. Firstly, the BB5 sounds wonderful! Secondly, it  doesn't hype the sound - frequency the response is ultra-flat across the entire frequency spectrum. And, thirdly, the BB5-XBD-A system produces a full, large sound - just the way we like to work while tracking and mixing. When you're supporting the creative efforts of an artist like Prince, it is crucial that you have a monitoring system that can give you consistent results. PMC gives us that and more."

BB5-XBD-A Large-Scale Reference Monitoring System The BB5 XBD-A's active electronics have been born out of the collaboration between Bryston and PMC, thereby resulting in unrivalled quality and reliability. The design philosophies of both companies are akin to an ultimate synergy. Bryston have no  automated mass production lines, no robotics and no moving assembly lines; every Bryston product is handcrafted by people who believe they are building The Ultimate Amplifier.

PMC designs feature the firm's uniquely engineered Advanced Transmission Line technology (ATL(tm)), which provides high-resolution, wide-bandwidth signal response across the complete product range. Proprietary drive units, electronics and cabinet engineering, provide unrivalled tonal accuracy, clarity and dynamic range throughout a range of designs, extending from the world's smallest TL design, the DB1+, to large-scale active control room monitoring systems that include the BB5-XBD Active. BB5 XBD-A cabinets can either be stacked, which is preferable, or placed in a side-by-side configuration.

Lo mismo, aquí:
http://www.broadcastbuyer.tv/publish/New_Contracts_24/Prince_Adds_Ultimate-Performance_BB5-XBD_Reference_Monitoring_Systems_To_LA_Based_Composing_Facility_17924.shtml
U + me, what a ride

PatricioRey

Cita de: eldoctorjota en 24 Octubre 2008, 14:25:07
::) así a bote pronto, creo que Clapton ya llenó a principios de los 90s 24 noches en Royal Albert Hall. Lo que no quita mérito alguno a sus 21 noches, pero tampoco ha sido el primero en hacer algo así.

Si, pero ese teatro apenas tiene 1/3 de la capacidad del 02 Arena. Además Prince es mucho más funky ;D

No comprendo que quiere decir con esto.  ¿Quiere decir que en los 80s, cuando era el músico más admirado del planeta, no era tan popular como ahora que regala cds con los períodicos? No debería ser motivo de orgullo, creo yo, más bien de tristeza.

Yo creo q no se refiere a eso sino a la libertad q ahora tiene. Si en los 80s Prince se hubiera propuesto algo así la Warner no se lo hubiera permitido. Ahora es él el q toma las decisiones y asume sus propios riesgos. Recordemos q en un principio nadie, excepto Prince, confiaba en llenar 21 noches seguidas en un estadio para 25.000 personas, asíq es algo de lo q Prince se siente orgulloso.

A mí lo q me resulta extraño es q admita tan tranquilamente q ya no está en la cima de su carrera. Prince ha cambiado...
Do you promise the funk?

cat

mecky

será cierto que han demandado a nuestro Principito? uy uy uy ....... madre!!! 1 millón de $ por daños..... cualquiera sabe, dicen tantas cosas....

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/17/man-to-prince-you-stole-my-hard-drives/

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/prince%20sued%20for%201%20million_1047092
U + me, what a ride

eldoctorjota

Cita de: PatricioRey en 24 Octubre 2008, 14:54:11

Si, pero ese teatro apenas tiene 1/3 de la capacidad del 02 Arena. Además Prince es mucho más funky ;D

Yo creo q no se refiere a eso sino a la libertad q ahora tiene. Si en los 80s Prince se hubiera propuesto algo así la Warner no se lo hubiera permitido. Ahora es él el q toma las decisiones y asume sus propios riesgos. Recordemos q en un principio nadie, excepto Prince, confiaba en llenar 21 noches seguidas en un estadio para 25.000 personas, asíq es algo de lo q Prince se siente orgulloso.

A mí lo q me resulta extraño es q admita tan tranquilamente q ya no está en la cima de su carrera. Prince ha cambiado...
:thumbsup:

*MarKuf*

MELOPEAS VARIAS

Porfidio

Aunque no cuenta con una larga tradición en la elaboración de tequila, el de Porfidio destacó rápidamente como uno de los más exquisitos ejemplos de esta bebida típica mexicana. Detrás de la marca se encuentra, cosas de la vida, el austriaco Martín Grassl, que, en 1991, cuando empezó a ponerse de moda el tequila 100% agave ultra-premium, vio una oportunidad para crear un producto de lujo.

Así apareció esta firma en Puerto Vallarta, que luego se ha ampliado con una gama de ron de caña de azúcar, y que, aseguran, dignificó el tequila en el continente americano. Robert de Niro, Prince, Andre Agassi o la sensual Jennifer Aniston son fans declarados de esta marca, que se caracteriza por su peculiar botella hecha a mano a base de cristal reciclado con la figura del típico cactus mexicano (una palmera en el caso del ron) en el interior, que cambia de color según la luz, haciendo del packaging otro curioso elemento de lujo.

mecky

Pero hay que ser burro.....por no decir otra cosa, por hacer este tipo de comentarios ..... me gustaría ver la cara de Prince  :evil3:  si llega a leer esto....... yyyy ..... desde cuando Prince tiene mujer ????

http://www.complex.com/CELEBRITIES/Cover-Story/Tracy-Morgan-and-Christopher-Mintz-Plasse/Tracy-Morgan?page=2&no_cj_c=1
U + me, what a ride