Breves

Iniciado por Shockadelica, 19 Febrero 2007, 09:48:44

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 69 Visitantes están viendo este tema.

PatricioRey

Bobby Z Recovering from Heart Attack

HOPKINS, Minn. - The man who kept the beat to hits like Prince's 'Purple Rain' suffered a heart attack over the weekend, but doctors say they expect him to recover.

Vicki Rivkin said her husband, Robert, is sedated and resting, but is expected to pull through.

The man known as "Bobby Z" helped create what became known as the "Minneapolis Sound" in the 1980s, and he holds a special place in the state's music history.

When Prince became an international superstar, Bobby Z kept the beat for his band, The Revolution, joining him on tour and appearing in music videos until he left to produce an album with his bandmates.

Now, however, the drummer at the heart of hits like "Uptown" and "Raspberry Beret" is having some trouble with his own heart.

Family members said Rivkin started feeling pain in his neck, arms and chest on Saturday, but he thought it was a pinched nerve from his years of drumming until his family convinced him to go to the ER and doctors discovered three of his arteries were blocked.

So far, they've unblocked two of the arteries and are waiting until his body to be strong enough to take care of the third.

Vicki Rivkin said she got a call from Prince on Wednesday afternoon, and her husband's former bandmates are on their way to the state to be with their friend while he recovers."

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/entertainment/prince-drummer-bobby-z-suffers-heart-attack-feb-2-2011
Do you promise the funk?

mecky

U + me, what a ride

Shockadelica

Oh baby, I really like your look
When U lay your eyes on me, U know I'm hooked
I'm waiting 2 feel your touch
Your body, your mind, and soul...
Is that 2 much?

mecky

U + me, what a ride

eldoctorjota

mecky

U + me, what a ride

PatricioRey

Do you promise the funk?

cat

Chuck Romerales

Hoy Bobby Z. ha dado las gracias a traves de Facebook a toda la gente que se ha interesado por su estado de salud después de su ataque al corazón. Es buena señal :)

2 fotos de P en el evento MusiCares ;D

Me subí a la rejaaaa

PatricioRey

Do you promise the funk?

bobby_z

Gracias por las fotos. Se le ve un gran aspecto...lástima lo del pelo... ;D Cada día pienso más que vio este programa en alguna gira japonesa:

cambio radical

mecky

Gracias por las fotos, está guapísimo!!!!! El sábado, después de muchos años, le vi en A3 en el telediario de las 21:00. Me sigue pareciendo tan atractivo, "he's got style"  ;D
U + me, what a ride

mecky

U + me, what a ride

mecky

U + me, what a ride

box

Saiber

Que alguien me cuente de qué se trata esto... vaya shows está montando el pollo en America... es como lo de Londres, pero o lo veo más consolidado, o, sencillamente en casa se explaya que da gusto... ¿qué pensáis?

Sacado de Purplekisstwo:
WW22AA

wembley

no tengo ni idea, pero viendo a todos esos vips en cada concierto creo que su ego andara ya con sobrepeso ;D vamos, que se le ve en su salsa. Muy bueno el video Saiber!!

por cierto, ese trocito de "laydown" no os traslada a 1987? :guitarist:
"Don't need no reefer, don't need cocaine, FUNKY music does the same 2 my brain and I'm high, so high"

luis_prince

a mi tb me ha pasado,un deja vu modo Sign o the times xdd
...do u want him? or do u want me?

PatricioRey

Quiero quiero quiero ;D
Do you promise the funk?