Breves

Iniciado por Shockadelica, 19 Febrero 2007, 09:48:44

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 75 Visitantes están viendo este tema.

bobby_z

FB de Liv Warfield:

"Just heard we are going to be playing the Apollo. Mannn.... I'm tooo excited! People get ya mind right it's gonna be funky."

PatricioRey

Do you promise the funk?

mecky

U + me, what a ride

mecky

U + me, what a ride

cat

mecky

U + me, what a ride

teacher teacher

box

mecky

http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/articles/interview-jamie-lidell.htm

Habla un poco sobre la experiencia de este verano en Bélgica (concierto de Prince), muy poquito, eh.
U + me, what a ride

mecky

U + me, what a ride

mecky

U + me, what a ride

PatricioRey

^ Teena actuó como telonera en la gira Dirty Mind de Prince, con su prima Jill Jones como corista. Así fue como Prince conoció a Jill.

Descanse en paz.
Do you promise the funk?

PatricioRey

Teena hablando sobre Rick James y Prince. Imperdible ;D

Citar[Rick] JamesÂ's charisma was matched only by his audacity and Teena [Marie] was able to see these sides of the King of Punk Funk both on-stage and off. In 1980, Prince opened for James on the Fire It Up tour. James complained that Prince stole his stage moves and according to Marie, Rick paid Prince back by stealing his gear. Â"Back then people werenÂ't really programming their own synthesizers,Â" says Teena. Â"Prince - you know – heÂ's a genius... he was one of the only oneÂ's who could really do that – probably him and Stevie [Wonder]were the only oneÂ's really doing itÂ...[Prince] was programming all his synthesizers and setting the presets with his own sound and Â...at the end of the tour [Rick] took [PrinceÂ's] synthesizers.Â" Teena cannot help but chuckle as she recounts the story. Â"He took them to Sausalito and he actually used them on the Street Songs album and then he sent them back to [Prince] with a thank you card. He was a piece of workÂ...and a brilliant genius, too!Â"

Teena later found herself wedged between the two future legends when she went on the road with Prince. Â"We were on the Dirty Mind tour togetherÂ... [Prince and I] never had a problem. We would kick itÂ...neither one of us drank so after the concerts weÂ'd go and sit and have our little orange juice or whatever. He had a lot of respect for me. There were some nights that I would come on stage and I would kick his butt, you know, and [afterwards] heÂ'd walk by me and go Â"Whew! I have to work hard tonightÂ' and there were some nights that he would come by and say Â'I whooped you! I whooped you tonight!Â' so it was really awesome and heÂ's always been really wonderful to me.Â"

For James, however, it was a different story. Â"I donÂ't think Rick really liked the fact that [Prince and I] were friends but you knowÂ....The rivalry to me as I look back on it - it was really Rick. It wasnÂ't really Prince. It was more Rick than anything. I never really saw Prince feeding into it too much. It really actually saddened me because I think the two of them would have made some amazing music together. It would have been ridiculousÂ...but you knowÂ...it was what it wasÂ...IÂ'm not really sure why it started. Rick always said it was because Prince snubbed his mother.Â" Indeed, James claimed that Prince had insulted his mother at the 1982 American Music Awards by refusing to give her an autograph. The mood should have been celebratory - Teena was nominated for Favorite Soul R&B Female Artist and Rick wonBest Soul/R&B Album for Street Songs - but Rick was having none of it. Backstage, PrinceÂ's manager at the time (the late Steve Fargnoli) hastily arranged for Prince to apologize but James ignored him. Even today, Teena views the story skeptically. Â"I really find that hard to believe and if it did happen, I donÂ't think it was intentional because Prince just isnÂ't that kind of guy. So it could have just been unintentional where she was around and he didnÂ't see her, you know what IÂ'm saying? And Rick really knew how to take stuff and run with itÂ...but from everything that I know [Rick] really, really did like [PrinceÂ's] musicÂ....Â" Laughing, Teena adds one more caveat: Â"Although he would never admit to it. He would never admit to that.Â"

http://prince.org/msg/7/344884

En resumen:

- James se quejaba de que Prince le copiaba los pasos.
- James le robó el equipo de sintetizadores a Prince(?), los usó un tiempo y después se los devolvió ;D
- La amistad entre Prince y Teena Marie no era del agrado de Rick James.
- James estaba enojado con Prince porque este supuestamente no le había querido firmar un autógrafo a su mamá (?)
Do you promise the funk?

maxwell91

Lo primero, Feliz Año a todos/as!

Lo segundo, no sé si se ha puesto por aquí, pero se ha reeditado en DVD (caja normal de CD) el HITS de Prince. Lo he visto hoy en la Fnac al ridículo precio de 5,95 €. Ahí queda la información.

Saludos.

Un saludo.
London, September 1st, 2007  "God Made Me Funky"

mecky

U + me, what a ride

vicius

gracias rbfunk, lo acabo de comprar, contine los 15 videos archiconocidos de prince, pero por 6 euritos no esta nada mal :)