Prince por Warhol

Iniciado por Blackbean, 12 Mayo 2006, 17:15:45

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

Blackbean

Yo no tenía ni idea, pero parece que Andy Warhol hizo, allá por el 1981 o 1982, varias obras (iguales en esencia, gracias a la serigrafía, como nos tenía habituados este señor) centradas en nuestro tron de Minneapolis.

Ahora se pone a la venta el original, podéis empezar a pujar aquí: http://phillipsdepury.liveauctioneers.com/lot1944808.html

The maX

creo q existe alguna mas

Al Jerome

No me parecen mal, pero seguro que Andy podía hacerlo mejor. No?

AtomiCaT

Más información:

"KISS THIS!" Prince - The Parade tour hits Madison Square Gardens, NYC (2nd August, 1986)

Andy Warhol's Diary Entry - dated Saturday, August 2nd 1986:

'Wilfredo had gotten tickets for Prince, and so cabbed over to Madison Square Garden ($3). We passed Debbie Harry and Stephen Sprouse who were there, and we sat down just as Prince jumped out naked, or almost, and it's the greatest concert I've ever seen there, just so much energy and excitement. I saw Ron Delsener and he invited us to the Party for Prince at the Palladium. Prince left in a limo the second the show was over.

We went into The Mike Todd Room and it was just almost empty tables set up, reserved, and there, in a white coat and pink bell bottoms, like a Puerto Rican at a prom, all by himself, was Prince. He was just great, that image of him being wierd and always with the bodyguards and everything was just dispelled, and he came over to each and every person and shook their hand and said he was so happy they came, and he danced with each and every girl - all these wierd girls in sixties dresses. Literally every girl, and he wasn't even a good dancer. And he remembered names, like he said, "So glad you came Wilfredo." What manners! And Wilfredo was in heaven.

We asked Prince if he would be our December cover and he said we'd have to talk to his manager and we said that we'd asked the manager and the manager said to ask him, so they said they'd work it out.

We were just shaking, it was so exciting. And Billy Idol was there and you know seeing these two glamour boys, it's like boys are the new Hollywood glamour girls, like Harlow and Marilyn. So wierd.'

~ Andy Warhol.

Eddie Murphy, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, and Vanity were also present, amongst others.

'Prince' by Andy Warhol (1984)
Andy ('The Prince of pop') was a big admirer of Prince, even writing in his (later published) diaries that Prince's Madison Square Garden show in 1986 was one of 'the greatest things I've ever seen'.
Like so many of Andy's silk-screen art pieces, a number of different configurations of the work exist.

Prince 1984

Synthetic polymer paint and silkscreen ink on canvas
20 x 16 inches

Stamped with Estate of Andy Warhol and Andy Warhol Foundation Stamps (verso)

Catalogued in Andy Warhol Foundation records. (verso)

Chuck Romerales

¡Mike Todd no soy yo! ;D
Me subí a la rejaaaa

ahr

Creo que se escaldó, cuando hizo el cuadrito. Vaya kk. Mi hijo con el photshop haría algo más artístico.