Entrevista a Prince

Iniciado por cat, 28 Octubre 2006, 13:43:16

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

cat

Bueno, aquí os dejo algo que he encontrado y que, por lo que yo he podido entender :thinking:, creo que es interesante.
(lo siento, está en inglés, si un alma caritativa que domine el idioma quiere traducir :-\ ??? :D)

"Prince?The music does not leave me respite " by Paola Genone
An immense part crimson, instruments scattered on the ground, a Parisian apartment of which he does not want that the address is revealed: ?Known as that you were bandaged the eyes to bring you here. That will make dream?? launch Prince, malicious smile, ingenuous glance. This genius of the music spent the years 1980 with knees with masterpieces like Purple Rain. Then it broke its toy while delivering, under the name ?The Artist?, of the experimental albums, and it returned, in 2000, with discs jazz-funk-soul (including 3121, last March). 150 million albums in thirty years of career! Today, Warner, his old label, exhumes a gathering DVD of the new vidéos of Diamonds and Pearls (1991). In exclusiveness for the Express train, Prince, 48 years, entrusts his most intimate secrecies.

L wears a silk lilac shirt, trousers years 1980 electric blue, a belt whose loop is struck of an image of Marilyn, and stiletto heels. Far from the megalomaniac and capricious star described here and there, it appears accessory, accessible, and astonishes by its great direction by humour. It is him which raises the first question?

Were you warned? No the camera, of portable, nor of recorder.

Then I to write?

Some time ago, I granted two hours of interview to an American journalist, provided that it does not take any note. Every ten minutes, it rose to go to the toilets, by me explaining why it suffered from a problem to the kidneys. In truth, from fear all of forgetting, it was going to mark my answers on toilet paper in my bathroom? I burst to laugh when, before leaving, it left its pockets of the gribouillées paper balls, by acknowledging his sin? Hold: I offer a book to you.

You shocked America as of your first appearances, in 1979. One saw you unloading on scene into impermeable, string and fishnet stocking, making you whip by lascives dancers with the ambrée skin. Then, in 1992, there was a turning: your vidéos less raw, is veiled, impressed softness?

Some dates

Prince Rogers Nelson is born on June 7, in Minneapolis (Minnesota).

1977-1981
First contract with the Warner label.

1984-1988
The original band of Purple Rain is sold to 11 million specimens and gains a Oscar.

1991-1993
Publication of Diamonds and Pearls. Enter in conflict with Warner, takes the name ?The Artist?.

Marry the dancer Mayte Garcia. Their child dies one week after his birth.

2000-2006
Is again made call Prince.

1992 were for me one year crucial. My contract with Warner, signed ten years before, expired, and something in me had transferred. Up to that point, I had caused America with what it feared more: the sex. I surveyed the scenes with half-naked, perched on my boots, I mimais the sex act with my guitar, I kissed my musicians with full mouth and poured floods of believed words? It was my manner of exorciser my childhood. I felt soiled by what I had lived. Some believe to be released from their past by washing the hands hundred times per day. Me, I needed to wash my dirty linen on the public place and to share my obsessions. I described the life such as I had known it as of my youth. My mother preserved in her room of the objects that sometimes I borrowed? books too? vibrators. I explored this universe in silence, persuaded that everyone made in the same way. This history is registered in my music, still is necessary it to have the instructions. In Let' S Go Crazy, I sing: ?I called my old woman for a nice word It took down It threw the telephone by Sexe ground. Sex. It is all that I heard?? And, in The Rainbow Children, I tell the history of the combat of the forces of the Good against those of the Evil, of a search strewn with obstacles. Marvin Gaye, who had a destiny similar to the mien, also told him in his texts how one can be attracted by the tender and to have shame of it at the same time. Me, I put these ambiguous feelings in my videos clip and my concerts, chorégraphiés like musicals. But, in 1992, I had become a caricature, a character of data base What had been a kind of psychoanalysis on scene had been transformed into a trap, a machine with money. I dreamed then of oceans of violets, of the purity of the pearls and diamonds? The commonplace sex a play of seduction plus mutineer succeeded, with winks of velvet and sensual choreographies. From where Diamonds and Pearls.

Who were your parents?

I revealed it in the texts of Purple Rain and the scenario of the film which in rose. It is exaggerated, but there is truth. My mother, Mattie Shaw, sixteen years younger than my father, had sung in a group before becoming welfare officer. She had a voice in Billie Holiday, strange, acidulous, bearing in her the drama. My father, John Nelson, of italo-Filipino origin, was a plasterer with the factory Honeywell de Minneapolis, and pianist of jazz the night. He was always equipped impeccably, with striped costumes years 1940 and silk ties, like Cab Calloway. He had bought a BMW violet, which he never led and which he offered to me later. He wanted to become the king of the pianists, but he played poorly. He has me fore-mentioned Prince, of the name of his group, Prince Rogers Trio. My father was an arrogant and irascible man. One evening of 1965, it left the house. I was 7 years old. It left us his piano. This instrument became for me a powerful paternal symbol: I played there of the hours and the hours, as to catch something which fled. I improvised or tried to remind me his melodies. I remained with my mother in the poor districts of Minneapolis until the 12 years age. Then, when it was remariée with a man whom I have haï from the start, I left. In 1970, I went squatter in my father. After me to have offered an electric guitar, it made me understand that I was not welcome. Then I wandered of hearth out of hearth, in cousins. But one rejected me because of my guitar, of which I played full volume and any hour? At 16 years, I landed in my friend André Cymone, with which I assembled my first group, Central Grand. His/her mother had proposed to me to live in their cellar. This basement became my residence. I wrote my first succeeded songs there.

Which influence your father did it have on your music?

It is him which made me discover James Brown, the man who forged my musical identity. I was 10 years old when my father took me along to the one in his concerts. I was if exalté that I am assembled on scene and to me am put to dance, beside James Brown! Its bodyguards expelled me, but finally my idol accomodated me in its cabin and presented to me at its chorus-singers, with which I fell in love. I occurred only only once with my father, at the time of a concert in Paris, in New Morning, in 1986. Three hours of improvisation. It was upsetting. We were reconciled. And I felt less mad.

In 1992, you sign the deal century with Warner: 100 million dollars for six albums in six years? But, a little later you enter in war with the label, issue the death of Prince and you rename ?The Artist?, by speaking about you with the third anybody. What did it really occur?

I claqué the door of Warner, furibond. The direction had decided that I did not have the right to leave more than one disc per annum of fear of flooding the market. Sign' O' the Times should have been triple album, but they cut down it, which was equivalent for me mutilating a novel or a triptych of Francis Bacon. A nonsense! They claimed that while too composing I sabotaged my work! How can one reproach an artist for creating too much? I did not have even any more the right to make listen to a new song with a friend! Worse, these gangsters could use my original bands with their suitability. I was furious to have let myself trap. The industry of the disc made me think of Matrix, an invisible but omnipresent machine, which nourishes your energy. After having somatisé, I decided to rebel. I was obliged, by contract, to produce for them. But I found this easy way: to replace my name by the symbol hermaphrodite The Artist. One took to me for a schizophrene, but to change name simply meant to repurchase my freedom. Prince belonged to Warner. The Artist did not belong to anybody and allowed me to undertake a new career, in particular on Internet. The second act of my rebellion was to carry the conflict with Warner on the front of the scene and to make a performance of it! I began with me exhiber in public with the ?Slavic? word (slave) tattooed on the cheek. Then, on June 7, 1993, at the time of a concert in New York, I simulated my suicide, while howling with the public: ?Prince died!?

How did you continue your crusade?

While assembling my label and by finishing the construction of Paisley Park, a complex of studios of 65.000 square meters to the doors of Minneapolis [cost: 10 million dollars], where I recorded not only my albums, but those of Madonna, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan? February 1996, finally released of Warner, I could leave my triple album, Emancipation. But, at the time of the publication, my son died, one week after his birth. I had made build a park of plays in the gardens of Paisley, I had composed a song for him, where the beats of his heart were heard? I tried to describe my pain in music, with Until U' Re in My Arms Again, but there is only the silence which can do it. I approached the religion. I always believed in a God (I speak about it in the album The Rainbow Children). As for the music, I did not make concessions any more: all that I create belongs. Sony, with which I concluded an arrangement in 2004, does nothing but distribute my discs. My fans are invited to buy them via my own site or to get them free at the entry my concerts American, the production costs of CD being included in the price of the ticket.

Some of your musicians were destabilized by these changes. They say that you create fusional relations then that, day at the following day, you drop them with a freezing detachment?

I made worse. The day when I decided not to play more with Wendy and LISA (guitarist and clavierist of the group The Revolution), I did not say anything. At the end in a concert, I quite simply demolished my guitar violet - the symbol of the group - by looking at them right in the eyes. They were struck. Sometimes, I was violent. I want to be some today, but I do not regret my artistic decisions. No musician, no group will be able to never bring all to me that I seek. My musical thought court to hundred per hour, and I must follow it. Only with which I could have played all my life, they was Miles Davis. He taught me that the music was a solitary voyage in an unexplored desert. ?Sometimes, it said, one crosses there beings with which one shares a bit of a walk, then one only sets out again on the dunes.? Miles did not speak; he communicated through the music. He came at home, sat down with the piano and looked at me, in silence. Then it played an agreement, made it resound and glance questioned me. I answered him on my guitar. Sometimes, of long minutes ran out between its question and my answer. We recorded several pieces together. Nobody heard them forever. I keep them preciously. One day, perhaps, I will leave them.

It is told that in Paisley Park you hide more than thousand new recordings. You never stop creating?

Never. I am insatiable. I started to play at the 5 years age and, since, I explored all kinds of instruments. At 15 years, I controlled the guitar, the low one, the piano, the battery and the saxophone? On my second album, Prince, I play of 27 instruments, all alone. I never found musicians able to follow my exaggerated rate/rhythm of work. The music is an obsession which does not leave me respite. I sleep three or four hours per night and, often, it is able to me to awake at 5 o'clock in the morning to record a melody which appeared to me in dream. My spirit is constantly inhabited by musical architectures and, each day which passes, those are done more and more alambiquées. Sometimes, I work on five projects at the same time. Recently, a musician said to me that one day or the other my brain was going to trip! He joked, but, if I were to choose an ideal death, I would like to fly away as a horse-gear of sounds which grow blurred gently to reach the purity of silence"

;) :book2:

hundalasiliah

Interesante es, aunque da la impresión de estar MUY recortada. Además, tiene unos errores gramaticales horrorosos ("Its bodyguards expelled me" en lugar de "HIS bodyguards expelled me", "it appears accessory" en lugar de "HE appears accessory", etc). Parece una traducción directa de otro idioma al inglés, hecha por alguien con un simple diccionario y sin idea de gramática. Vamos, que nos podríamos haber encontrado la famosa expresión from the lost to the rivers (de perdidos al río)  ;D

Yo lo traduciría, pero no me siento con fuerzas, y podría añadir nuevos errores a la traducción  :sweatdrop: Pero se me ocurren al menos 3 pobladores (un@ al otro lado del charco, otr@ en Aragón y otr@ en los madriles) que lo podrían hacer perfectamente.

cat

Efectivamente hundalasiliah, tienes razón :yes:

He estado investigando por ahí  :wink3: y resulta que  esta "entrevista" se publicó en un diario francés a principios de octubre y en un foro de ese país se discute mucho si realmente ha tenido lugar o solamente se la ha imaginado la periodista :thinking:
(no sé cómo ha quedado la polémica pero, por si acaso, he cambiado el título del tema)  ;D

;)

hundalasiliah

Cita de: cat en 28 Octubre 2006, 18:36:25
Efectivamente hundalasiliah, tienes razón :yes:

He estado investigando por ahí  :wink3: y resulta que  esta "entrevista" se publicó en un diario francés a principios de octubre y en un foro de ese país se discute mucho si realmente ha tenido lugar o solamente se la ha imaginado la periodista :thinking:
(no sé cómo ha quedado la polémica pero, por si acaso, he cambiado el título del tema)  ;D

;)

La verdad es que es "chocante" que Prince hable de manera tan clara de su vida privada, y que diga cosas como que algunas veces era muy violento, que critique a su padre después de muerto cuando se supone que se habían reconciliado o que se equivoque en los nombres de ciertas cosas ("Central Grand" en lugar de "Grand Central", etc.) o que cuente lo de los vibradores de su madre.

Quizá la periodista ni siquiera ha tenido imaginación. Simplemente ha leído alguna biografía de Prince y ha puesto en boca de Prince lo que en el libro se cuenta en tercera persona. Y encima lo ha traducido de pena al inglés.

Scandalous

La entrevista salió a raiz de la aparición de Prince en la ceremonia Versace y NO es real. Actualmente, NPG Records está estudiando la posibilidad de interponer una demanda o algún otro recurso legal contra de la revista/periodista francesa.

JavierArcanda

es que hay un montón de cosas que prince jamás diría..., es más bien una biografía de prince en forma de entrevista, y eso de decir "the low one" por el bajo y la "battery" (que quiere decir pila, jeje) por batería
www.soundcloud.com/arcanda