Opiniones sobre Planet Earth

Iniciado por Blackbean, 25 Marzo 2007, 19:25:47

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

Blackbean

Shake!

Lo bueno de comerse un bollycao, según informaciones, son las proteínas que lleva dentro y...  :lipsrsealed2: (no sigo)  ;)

Shockadelica

Sí, pero esa chica del enlace no es la tal Chelsea Rodgers, es Aaliyah, cantante que lamentablemente falleció hace unos años.
Oh baby, I really like your look
When U lay your eyes on me, U know I'm hooked
I'm waiting 2 feel your touch
Your body, your mind, and soul...
Is that 2 much?

Blackbean

En www.3121.com pueden verse dos imágenes en las que pone:

"Imagine holding Planet Earth in the palm of your hand
with no regard 4 Ur place of birth or claim 2 any land..."

"A model used 2 B a role model..."

Posiblemente sean extractos de las letras de dos de las canciones del disco. ¿Quizá "Planet Earth" y "Chelsea Rodgers"?

Blackbean

Primeras opiniones sobre Planet Earth tras la audición de esta mañana en Sony-France.

Atención: Enlace no apto para el que no quiera saber nada de las canciones hasta tener en sus manos el disco. Advertidos estáis.

http://www.housequake.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88119

Por mi parte aún no sé si leerlo... :stars:

Extraloveable

Yo no he podido resistirme... ahora tengo ganas de escucharlo!

goldie

"All the midnights in the world"  :sweatdrop:
Uh! Uh! uh! uhuh!... U SAID! ...Any dogs in the house?... I know U're nasty... SAID!!!

Blackbean

Cita de: goldie en 25 Junio 2007, 16:10:16

Ahora mismo es la que más ganas tengo de escuchar (sí, lo confieso, yo también he pecado).

Por cierto, lo que he puesto en mi anterior mensaje se hace extensible a este tema entero. A partir de ahora quien no quiera saber nada del disco que ni lo abra porque ésto va a empezar a echar humo. :rolleyes4:

goldie

Cita de: Blackbean en 25 Junio 2007, 16:12:57
Cita de: goldie en 25 Junio 2007, 16:10:16

Ahora mismo es la que más ganas tengo de escuchar (sí, lo confieso, yo también he pecado).

Somos tremendos, yo también me muero por escucharla, esa precisamente...
Uh! Uh! uh! uhuh!... U SAID! ...Any dogs in the house?... I know U're nasty... SAID!!!

Blackbean

Os dejo esta crítica del Planet Earth, escrita por Murph, usuario de housequake.com.

Murph's Planet Earth review

Okay folks...I've heard the album...And let me just go straight into it...I likes...An intersting album from the standpoint that it sounds like it was recorded in one week...Very focused...All in all this is a a rock album...The guitars and vocals are very striking...And no, it aint even on a religious kick...Its a very loose sounding album for the most part...And guys, my copy of Planet Earth is watermarked, so leaking it is a no-no since I'm in the business...

Well, here are the particulars:

"Planet Earth"
Okay, I'm not even going to lie...I read the title to this track a week ago and nearly did a spit-take...I just knew this was going to be some corny ass, preachy bullshit...Well, here's the deal...It is preachy, but more in line with his socially conscious stuff he did in the '80s and early '90s...The track starts off in the mode of "Empty Room"...very dark; very creepy...The vocals are not even on some sweet, melodic shit for the most part...And it aint a ballad as first reported...It's very dramatic...The guitars scream...And then there is a a melodic breakdown in the song that is a fresh and hopeful curve pitch... This is some good old fashioned werid, rock, moody Prince shit and I dont mean the out-to-lunch, get-me-out-of-this-record-deal-aspects of Chaos & Disorder ...I likes...

"Guitar"
In a perfect world the previous programmed drums on the old "Guitar" mixed with the instrumentation and heavy guitars from the new "Guitar" would have been a more potent track on the real...But as is, "Guitar" works because it evokes the guitar driven feel of Planet Earth...It's a fun song that does what its supposed to do...Make the listener sing the chorus, bob their heads, and do a little air guitar...It aint rocket science ya'll...But on the real, Prince should have made the guitar solo longer...

"Somewhere Here On Earth"
This is quite simply one of Prince's best ballads in memory...imagine some of the Parade sound of jazzy acoustic pianos, string orchestration and muted horns set in a torch song, small club feel...Folks that dig Prince's slow cuts will dig this one...On the real...dope

"The One U Wanna See"
A fun pop rock anthem...very dope..Even has a country little twang and acoustic guitar riff accented by electric guitar...The chorus will be in your head for months...

"Future Baby Mama"
One of two ballads on here...This one aims straight to R&B radio...But thank God it doesn't panders...Basically, dude is saying he wants a chick without all the drama of a future baby mama...Thye track itself uses a little of the Linn drums underneath..Reminds me of his early '90s slow cuts...Prince's falsetto is killing it on this one...That's what really jumps out at you...

"All The Midnights In The World"
First off this is not a ballad...It's a very short cut clocking in a 2 minutes and 22 seconds..But it is hella poppy, very sugary, still-rock feel mid-tempo joint much in the way his late '80s material is...Much in the way of a "teacher Teacher" or a "Starfish & Coffee," with even more sweets...lol...It's like listening to a love-infused children's lullaby...Still I can see how some folks would find it too sweet...But its definitely not the worst thing the man has ever done...It's not even in the conversation...Shit it aint "Arms Of Orion," that's for sure...lol...

"Mr. Good Night"
The worst track on the album...Easily...As everyone knows, I'm a hip hop dude that knows his shit...And on the real, the groove underneath this track sounds like Biggie's "One More Chance"...Prince is rapping in a very cool manner; but dude should have really left this one off the album...Not a good look...

"Chelsea Rodgers"
Very funky indeed...But the funk is more late '70s funk than the '80s Prince-funk some of yall are clamoring for...It's like Prince was listening to "Just As Long As were Together" and "Sexy Dancer" and decided to take that classic funk disco feel and make it even more funky...The horns are killer...And that Shelby chick is doing some Mavis staples howling...Very strong track...

"Lion Of Judah"
"Sitting on the floor of an all white room, feeling like the color blue..." - Prince
The title is a definite fake out...he's not trying to convert anyone..lol...It's basically a rock song in which Prince makes it clear that he needs someone to ride with him...He's not sure if the person he's with loves him...But he knows that that to protect his loved ones he would strike his enemies like a "lion of judah...' Now to the music...I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite tracks on the album...It has the classic Prince rock sound...It's like a more aggressive Money Dont Matter with guitars and great, great harmonies! It's also indicitive of the sound of Planet Earth"...The rock songs flow effortlessly...It was like he got a few musicians together in a bar and decided to cut an album...And Prince sings the song like he's truly in pain...Again, weird vocal phrasing, memorable chorus, guitars attack you at the end of the track...This is classic Prince! And it sounds like Wendy is on this joint...

"Resolution"
Prince wants everyone to just love each other...That's the seemingly corny message...But it works because he does it in a early '70s rock, Steely Dan-ish meets Crosby Stills & Nash way...Again, the harmonies are lush...and the break down is classic Prince...It's funny, this song could have been a disaster...But Prince steers it cleer of sappyness just when the chorus seems to be pointing in that direction...And thank God...

Overview...

This is a suprisingly strange but focused album...It seems as the old man came into the studio with a visionYeah, I would have liked more tracks on the album, but as is I liked the fact that Prince wasn't afraid to get his rock on...I've always been a fan of both his funk and rock roots...But lately, with the exception of the track "3121" and "Black Sweat" his funk has been a little dry (However when he funks it up onstage, Prince delivers for some reason...Maybe its the spontanaity)...Which is why the rock works well, because it seems like Prince is rediscovering his guitar hero mojo...Folks praying that the man live up to his prime '80s years just need to forget about that shit...lol...It aint gonna happen....But Planet Earth shows a man who is comfortable in his own skin and with his legacy...It's a short, straight ahead, confident album...It more than works...

Extraloveable

http://www.prince.org/msg/7/232367

La radio de Chicago V103 (http://www.v103.com/) está programando "Future Baby Mama" (que en algún directo recibió el título de "I wanna make U happy"). ¿Alguien consigue escucharla desde fuera de EEUU?

Nuria1999

Nuria1999

goldie

Allá vamoooos!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gracias Nuria  ;)

goldie

Acabo de escuchar la canción... Voy a tener que ir lo antes posible a cepillarme los dientes...  :-\

The maX

Uf gracias Nuria1999, depués de escucharla no se que decir no se que decir....

mas escuchas necesito mas escuchas

openbook

Muchas gracias Nuria!

Un intento de la letra:

Future Baby Mama

I've heard it said my lovers look alike
Could it be that I was looking 4 u
They were cool but something wasn't right
They had me fooled 4 a minute and then I saw the truth

[Chorus]
None of them got what it takes
2 b a future baby mama
Gotta bend in the wind, but don't break
2 keep your man
Show me one of them and I'll make her mine
With no more drama
Future baby mama

I've heard it said that I won't treat you right (you know that ain't right babe)
But they ain't sure 'cos they don't know nothing about u (.........)
You're too secure to ever want to fuss and fight
That's why your man never ever got a reason to doubt you

[Chorus]
2 b a future baby mama
To keep your man
With no more drama
Future baby mama

Yeah I know you might be fine but I've seen it all before
Cinderella was a waste of time and oops she's out the door
To build a house together the thing that matters more
Is under the floor--a strong foundation that last forever more

I want to make you happy, baby, happier than happy itself (oh yes)
You know what? If you'll ever need a hand, call me I'll help
'Cos I got you, anywhere you wanna go, uh (oh yes)
Paris, London, Africa, San Lucas Mexico, you see, I know what you want,
What every good woman wants
A man so in love with you he can't help but to flaunt you
Deep down I know what you want
You want your girlfriends to hate you
'Cos they can't get your man

[Chorus]
2 b a future baby mama
To keep your man
With no more drama
Future baby mama
Well, if happiness was standing at your door
I mean tell me what would you say?

Jose

Gracias Nuria 1999 y Openbook.
No es una gran balada, pero no me disgusta, es sugerente aunque tiene momentos que vuelve a usar demasiado el falsete, si bajara los registros unas cuantas notas me gustaria mucho mas.La última parte me gusta bastante mas que la primera.La melodia no esta nada mal y el estribillo esta muy bien, pero creo que le falla lo que he comentado antes.Me recuerda algo a Insatiable y a las baladas de la época de Emancipation, no seeeeee. Si tendría que dar nota , sería un 6, aunque solo llevo 3 escuchas.

holyriver

pues nada.................otro mierdon de disco..............con perdon.

emale

A mi este tema me recuerda a diversas etapas, todas ellas características de Prince. Desde luego el tema está mejor construido que por ejemplo Beautiful loved and blessed del 3121. La melodia está bien trabajada pero el tema se me hace largo.