Sets para conciertos y videoclips

Iniciado por Blackbean, 31 Marzo 2007, 15:47:42

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

Blackbean

Os copio una información de housequake.com sobre el diseño de decorados que la empresa Muralman Inc. llevó a cabo para Prince a principios de los 90:

Prince World Tour 1992

Before Prince decided it was time to become the Artist formerly known as Prince he put out some of his best remembered videos.

We had been working on storyboards, set design and scenic production for Prince since the opening of Glam Slam. When it came time to spruce up his 1992 World Tour Stage, Prince turned to Muralman Inc. Our ability to adapt to his constantly expanding creativity afforded us the opportunity to continue working with him for a number of years.
Creative Director:
Sotera Tschetter
Domus Design
Scenic Designer:
Barry McMahon
Muralman Inc

Prince "Gett-Off"
This elaborate set was constructed at Paisley Park for the video "Gett-Off". Conceived by Prince, this assemblage of eclectic architectural elements was a cooperative creative effort.

Creative Director, Sotera Tschetter, scoured the Twin Cities to gather these architectural elements while Muralman Inc. was asked to design them into this multistoried stage. Each compartment of the stage revealed a different vignette and sexual fantasy.
Creative Director:
Sotera Tschetter
Domus Design
Scenic Designer:
Barry McMahon
Muralman Inc.
Set Builders:
Domus Design

Prince "Seven" City
Have you ever wondered where the city and castle came from in Prince's video for the single entitled "Seven?"

Prince decided that he wanted a city that was a combination of Minneapolis itself, fused with the hybrid style of the film "Barbarella" and the cartoon "The Jetsons".

Working again with Sotera Tschetter, we drew up the design for the set. This time it would be a miniature with the characters dropped in later. The model was created by film professionals, Modern Props, in Los Angeles. It's amazing what can be done with a Kleenex box in the hands of the master model-makers at Modern Props.
Creative Director:
Sotera Tschetter
Domus Design
Scenic Designer:
Barry McMahon
Muralman Inc.
Set Builders:
Modern Props

Prince "Seven" Castle
For the castle scene in "Seven", Prince wanted the same sensibilities of style applied with the additional direction to create a modern Taj Mahal.

One of the true pleasures of working on projects in the entertainment industry is having the opportunity to partner with professionals in the industry. With films like Bladerunner and the Star Trek series to their credit it's no wonder that Modern Props did such a remarkable job on creating these models from the original drawings done here by Muralman Inc.
Creative Director:
Sotera Tschetter
Domus Design
Scenic Designer:
Barry McMahon
Muralman Inc.
Set Builders:
Modern Props

Fuente: www.muralmaninc.com

Blackbean

Maravillosas fotos del escenario e iluminación de la gira SOTT:

Fuente: Housequake.com

goldie

Qué barbaridad! Es el escenario más bonito que ha tenido nunca Prince. Menuda gira, vaya lujo haber asistido a alguno de aquellos conciertos.

Gracias Blackbean!  :smash:
Uh! Uh! uh! uhuh!... U SAID! ...Any dogs in the house?... I know U're nasty... SAID!!!

Shake!

Cita de: goldie en 23 Abril 2007, 02:19:37
Qué barbaridad! Es el escenario más bonito que ha tenido nunca Prince. Menuda gira, vaya lujo haber asistido a alguno de aquellos conciertos.

Gracias Blackbean! :smash:

No es que quiera discrepar contigo, goldie, el escenario me parece genial, pero para mí el más bonito sigue siendo el de la gira Act II. Al menos el que ví en Cádiz, en el 93. ;D

Shockadelica

¿Y qué opináis del megaescenario de la gira Lovesexy :wink3:? Yo creo que es una pasada... :wacky:
Oh baby, I really like your look
When U lay your eyes on me, U know I'm hooked
I'm waiting 2 feel your touch
Your body, your mind, and soul...
Is that 2 much?

Shake!

El de Lovesexy fue una innovación para la época. Desde las plataformas hasta la luminotecnia pasando por el vestuario, el elemento teatral, puesta en escena y las posibilidades que ofrecía... Buffff!. La entrada de Prince en el Thunderbird está considerada como una de las apariciones más espectaculares de la historia del Rock, según la revista "Rolling Stone". Aún hoy en día, impresiona. No me puedo imaginar lo que pudo ser formar parte del público. Creo que los que tuvieron la oportunidad de disfrutarlo fueron unos privilegiados de la que para mí fue la gira más espectacular de la década.  :yes:

Ernesto

me acuerdo de un ROCK DE LUX donde lo tachaban de demasiado frio para el espectador ,y lejano ....???