Dez Dickerson news (no comment)

Iniciado por NPGRecords, 10 Agosto 2009, 13:16:23

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

NPGRecords

"I'm Dez Dickerson, original guitarist with Prince. This is the 1972 Tobacco Sunburst Les Paul Custom I played in some of our classic early performances, including our historic first public appearance at the Capri Theater in Minneapolis, and our appearance on American Bandstand.  I first purchased the guitar in 1975 (from my guitar tech, Spank, in the band I played in at the time, Revolver).  I had DiMarzio pick-ups installed, including a center tap switch for the bridge pick-up so it was selectable between single and double coil. It was my main guitar from the day I bought it.  I also played this guitar throughout my time with Prince, although I played it less frequently as my guitar collection grew (and I began to play Explorer-type customs as my main guitars).

In 2002, I was in the studio producing a band called Big Fat Jam, who were at the time signed to my record label. One of the guitarists accidentally knocked over his Paul and snapped off the headstock, and I decided to give him my cherished Les Paul to replace it. The guitar recently came back into my possession, and I've decided to make it available to discriminating collectors and/or fans that would appreciate its history.

The only additional modification done by the subsequent owner was to add gold pick-up covers and outer rings. Other than that, it's all just as it was when I first gave it away (every glorious scratch has a story behind it)."

Source ebay auction item number: 220463103940

eldoctorjota

¡Qué triste! Tener que deshacerte de algo así. Family 2.0 hacedle un hueco al chaval, hombre, que el pastel "yo estuve con Prince" da para uno más.