Penetration de Miles Davis - ¿Prince?-

Iniciado por Madriles, 03 Agosto 2006, 00:46:05

Tema anterior - Siguiente tema

0 Miembros y 1 Visitante están viendo este tema.

Madriles

Curioseando cosas de MD en youtube me he encontrado con esto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBYmBG6lDU&search=miles%20davis%20

Es una actuacion en Paris del año 1991, en el que toca un tema llamado Penetration (que mola bastante por cierto). El caso es que me han venido a la memoria unas difusas y olvidadas lecturas que ahora no sabría ni localizar, en las que creo recordar que se citaba que este tema era de Prince, pero no estoy nada seguro de que ésto último sea cierto y quizá sea mi imaginación que me juega una mala pasada.

¿Alguien por aquí sabe algo del tema?

Madriles

Bueno, como últimamente estoy un poco gili, acabo de caer en ese maravilloso invento que es el google, y he aqui el resultado.........

http://www.thelastmiles.com/interviews-alan-leeds.php

Una entrevista con Alan Leeds que tiene una pinta de lo más jugosa que voy a ponerme a leer ya mismo.

De todas formas si alguien sabe algo, que hable!!!!  ;D

----------------------------------------------

Me respondo yo solito......

Then a couple of weeks after that Miles came to our concert in Madison Square Garden in New York. So they're seeing each other more often, but still no activity. Then in December 1988, Prince recorded Madhouse 24 that included "R U Legal Yet?", "Jailbait", "A Girl and Her Puppy" and "Penetration." They were the songs that ended up with Miles. For some reason, Prince decided that it would not be a Madhouse album. Or maybe he thought this stuff would be right for Miles. We sent the stuff to Miles to hear.

Y dejo por aqui otras cosillas interesantes de la entrevista:

- Diciendo que Prince ha grabado en video prácticamente todas las actuaciones de la época, incluso ensayos.

TLM: Why wasn't it ever officially released? The concert and video have turned up on the bootleg "Miles From The Park" and as you say, it's a great event.

It was professionally shot with more than one camera. In fact, Prince would videotape almost every performance - we'd set-up a video camera next to the soundboard - we even used to video all the rehearsals. So there's a ton of video Prince has got in-store. He would take the tapes home and we would never see it again. There might even have been a video running when Miles was at the rehearsals [in 1987]. That was a concert that could have been issued on home video and probably should have been done. I think Prince would have seen it as redundant because it was basically the same show that we done a home video on that summer. What was known as the Sign of The Times tour was released through Warner Home Video and was a reasonably well produced video of that tour. The only thing unique about the New Year's Eve concert was Miles's appearance.

- Y una cena de lo más curiosa con Prince, su padre, Miles Davis, Sheila E...... vaya escenita!

Eric says it was one of the oddest dinners he'd ever had! It wasn't exactly tense, but it wasn't exactly casual! There was so much tip-toeing. Eric says it was like two boxers feeling each other out. At one point Miles turned to Prince's Dad and said 'So you're a musician too?' And Prince's Dad says: 'I was a piano player but always saw myself as [saxophonist] Lucky Thompson.' Miles replied 'what the fuck did you want to do that for?' and the whole table collapsed! Then Miles asked Eric 'How do you stand when you play? Stand up and let me see.' So in the middle of this dinner Eric stands up as if he was playing! Towards the end of the dinner Miles says to Prince's Dad, "Now I know why that motherfucking son of yours is so crazy!" It wasn't exactly relaxed, but there was a lot of love in the house.

Saiber

Xsastamente... temazo de Madhouse.

No sabeis el gustazo que me he pegao a estas horas en el curro na mas llegar.
Se me han suicidao las lagañas
:o

Gracias !!

Blackbean

Me sumo con gusto a todo lo dicho antes por Saiber, empezar así el día da gustico.

Madriles, gracias por toda la información adicional, pájaro.  :thumbsup: